Member Service Representative IKootenai Electric Cooperative
Member Service Representative I
Kootenai Electric Cooperative is located in scenic North Idaho, the heart of abundant recreational opportunities. Settled in a beautiful lakefront mountain setting, it is a favorite destination for tourists. Just outside our back door are national forests, lakes, rivers, and trails offering plenty of opportunities for hiking, biking, boating/water sports, fishing, hunting, golfing, snow sports, and much more. The four distinct seasons offer recreational opportunities year-round. The Coeur d'Alene/Hayden metropolitan area also offers a variety of entertainment and shopping venues and is a short 45-minute drive to Spokane, Washington and access to domestic and international air travel. This is an entry level Member Services position. Primary purpose of this position is to provide courteous and professional service to KEC members, employees, and visitors to Kootenai Electric Cooperative. The incumbent will work at the front reception desk and will perform a variety of other office-type duties related to member services. This position progresses into a more senior Member Services Representative II position after one year of service.
Core Competencies Safety: Adhere to all workplace and trade safety laws, regulations, standards, rules, and practices. Use of Personal Protective Equipment as required. Take individual responsibility in managing safety risks and reporting unsafe conditions or unsafe work practices. Respond positively to safety-oriented feedback. Contribute to a culture of safety.
Quality of Work: Produce thorough, high quality work with minimal errors. Seek feedback, make corrections as needed. Identify problems and solve them. Strive to improve processes. Work collaboratively with team members to implement systemic changes.
Productivity: Complete assigned work in a timely fashion. Utilize slow periods productively. Produce amount and volume expected, at accepted speed.
Technical Skills/Job Knowledge: Demonstrate appropriate level of understanding of technical skills in area of expertise, technology, products, and/or processes involved. Perform assigned duties. Keep current on changes. Competent with all technology and industry best practices necessary to perform job. Maintains necessary certification(s).
Communication: Oral and written communication clearly convey information. Keep others informed of activities and problems in timely manner. Listen well. Respond appropriately and respectfully.
Teamwork/Ability To Work With Others: Demonstrate ability to work in positive manner with co-workers and/or customers with differing backgrounds, opinions, capabilities, etc. Willingly share skills, competencies, and knowledge with others. Establish and maintain strong, effective working relationships. Contribute effectively to group efforts. Promote harmony. Agree to disagree without damaging relationships.
Accountability: Maintain excellent attendance and punctuality. Arrive on-time and be prepared to work. Accept responsibility for work and actions. Be reliable.
Integrity: Demonstrate honesty, high ethical standards, and respect for all team members, co-workers, and KEC members.
Professionalism: Always address internal and external customers with courtesy and respect. Dress in work attire appropriate to the position. Communicate business information in timely fashion, using means of communication appropriate to the situation.
Support of Cooperative Goals, Policies, and Procedures: Support Cooperative goals. Adhere to all Cooperative policies and procedures. Understand that internal customer and external member focus is always top priority. Contribute effectively in support of that priority.
Problem-Solving: Use sound logic and methodology to solve problems. Explore multiple sources for answers, as required. Able to identify hidden problems. Propose solutions.
Job Responsibilities / Essential Functions: Provides member and visitor reception and direct inquiries to proper KEC department. Processes payments and product sales at front reception counter. Answers routine inquiries related to KEC member services and may contact members by phone as required. Explains KEC policies and procedures. Performs computer data entry and updates member information. Completes and files service orders. Ensures confidentiality and proper handling of all member information. Processes mail payments.
- Performs other duties as required.
- Graduation from high school, or attainment of high school GED
- Six months or more experience in a customer service role or position
- Experience with personal computers and PC software
- Experience with general office practices, procedures, and machines, including ten-key adding machine, telephone, copy and fax machines, calculators, and computer peripheral devices
- Experience with office telephone procedures
- Valid driver license
Knowledge and Skills:
- Knowledge of Cooperative policies and procedures
- Excellent people skills, including communication, diplomacy, interpersonal relations, and conflict management
- Ability to deal with the public in difficult situations
- Good problem-solving skills
- Organization skills, including attention to detail and accuracy
- Experience with general office practices and procedures, use of various office machines including telephone, copying equipment, fax machines, and adding machines/calculators
- Professional appearance and attitude
- Excellent mathematical skills
- Knowledge and understanding of basic bookkeeping
- Strong Interpersonal Skills and Behavior - Ability to handle delicate situations with exceptional diplomacy; ability to deal calmly, professionally, and tactfully with difficult people, including members who may be angry, abusive, and/or threatening. Ability to defuse difficult, sometimes hostile, work situations.
- Copying, transcribing, entering, analyzing or posting data with Customer accounts and their bill. Must be able to maintain accuracy and confidentiality with data.
- Ability to meet time deadlines and complete tasks efficiently and effectively. Working Conditions
- Comfortable surroundings primarily office environment
- Normally a 40 hour workweek.
- Travel may be required.
Kootenai Electric Cooperative, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their disability or protected veteran status.