IT Administrator IKootenai Electric Cooperative
IT Administrator I
Located in Hayden, Idaho, Kootenai Electric Cooperative, Inc. is in a pristine area of mountains, clear streams, and lakes that is well-known for such outdoor recreation activities as water and snow skiing, fishing, boating, hunting, and hiking. Nearby metropolitan areas include the city of Spokane in eastern Washington, and the city of Coeur d'Alene, located on the shoreline of beautiful Lake Coeur d'Alene. This is an entry level IT Administrator position, with responsibility for providing corporate-wide server and end-user PC support for a variety of computer equipment, software and operating systems and assorted peripherals.
- Maintains corporate networking including Windows and other servers, wired and wireless networks, and supports the implementation of the Cooperative's network access policies as directed by the IT Supervisor.
- Monitors Cyber Security for all computing resources to maintain availability for corporate needs and implements scripts and other programming to automate end user needs and system tasks.
- Helps evaluate new technologies and select the best method for extending the Cooperative's network in field applications.
Core Competencies Safety:
- Adhere to all workplace and trade safety laws, regulations, standards, rules, and practices. Use of Personal Protective Equipment as required.
- Take individual responsibility in managing safety risks and reporting unsafe conditions or unsafe work practices.
- Respond positively to safety-oriented feedback. Contribute to a culture of safety.
Quality of Work:
- Produce thorough, high quality work with minimal errors.
- Seek feedback, make corrections as needed. Identify problems and solve them.
- Strive to improve processes.
- Work collaboratively with team members to implement systemic changes.
Productivity: Complete assigned work in a timely fashion. Utilize slow periods productively. Produce amount and volume expected, at accepted speed.
Technical Skills/Job Knowledge:
- Demonstrate appropriate level of understanding of technical skills in area of expertise, technology, products, and/or processes involved.
- Perform assigned duties. Keep current on changes.
- Competent with all technology and industry best practices necessary to perform job.
- Maintains necessary certification(s).
- Oral and written communication clearly convey information.
- Keep others informed of activities and problems in timely manner.
- Listen well.
- Respond appropriately and respectfully.
Teamwork/Ability to Work With Others:
- Demonstrate ability to work in positive manner with co-workers and/or customers with differing backgrounds, opinions, capabilities, etc.
- Willingly share skills, competencies, and knowledge with others.
- Establish and maintain strong, effective working relationships.
- Contribute effectively to group efforts.
- Promote harmony.
- Agree to disagree without damaging relationships.
- Maintain excellent attendance and punctuality.
- Arrive on-time and be prepared to work.
- Accept responsibility for work and actions.
- Be reliable.
Integrity: Demonstrate honesty, high ethical standards, and respect for all team members, co-workers, and KEC members.
- Always address internal and external customers with courtesy and respect.
- Dress in work attire appropriate to the position.
- Communicate business information in timely fashion, using means of communication appropriate to the situation.
Support of Cooperative Goals, Policies, and Procedures: Support Cooperative goals. Adhere to all Cooperative policies and procedures. Understand that internal customer and external member focus is always top priority. Contribute effectively in support of that priority.
Problem-Solving: Use sound logic and methodology to solve problems. Explore multiple sources for answers, as required. Able to identify hidden problems. Propose solutions.
- Identifies, analyzes, and implements hardware and software technology needed to support networked locations accessible by the Cooperatives staff.
- Represents the Cooperative as its agent in interacting with hardware and software vendors.
- Researches pricing for hardware and software and recommends to the IT Supervisor which vendors should be used.
- Performs analysis of existing hardware, software and operating procedures to resolve problem areas and to improve the effectiveness and efficiency in all areas of Kootenai Electric Cooperative.
- Recommends schedules and performs network improvements as related to TWACS and other remote technologies, upgrades and repairs.
- Provides basic and advanced PC support to Cooperative employees and Board of Directors regarding computer needs.
Performs computer setup for users:
- installs software, hardware and network protocols.
- Provides routine technical service for business equipment; analyzes and diagnoses faults and symptoms using established processes and procedures and corrects errors to maintain computer systems.
- Maintains a Help Desk program to provide computer and information resources to support users and corporate requirements, to store the database of history and resolution of problems and to track user requests and other department projects.
- Responds to the Cooperative's needs regarding security, integrity and availability of company computing resources.
- Works in a departmental team environment to share responsibility of problem-solving and to improve the synergy of overall system flow.
- Monitors and analyzes network resources (hardware, software, traffic) and performance.
- Documents all network procedures so they can be shared with the IT Supervisor.
- Informs IT Supervisor of hardware and software problems, project progress, as well as scheduling problems, and all other matters requiring attention.
- Makes recommendations for network improvements.
- Records problems such as down time and actions taken to alleviate future occurrences.
- Works with IT Supervisor to develop a two-year work plan and budget in support of work plan.
- Works within approved budget to support the requirements of those goals.
- Maintains records on all network hardware including an inventory of all equipment, maintenance of each network device and service records, purchases made and any updates made to equipment.
- Must maintain high data integrity and security for ongoing operation of Kootenai Electric Cooperative administrative and management requirements.
- Maintains records on software licensing used on applications to ensure compliance with licensing terms and conditions.
- Responsible for computer hardware, software and data in support of all KEC systems.
- Collaborates with other IT staff and provides assistance in their work.
- Makes suggestions for determining, designing, implementing and updating the Strategic IT direction for the Cooperative, with the approval of the IT Supervisor.
- Maintains IT Capital Equipment and related records for the Accounting Department and provides disposition reports, when needed, for the Accounting Department and auditors.
Coordinates and cooperates with:
Internal: Works with all fellow employees and board members to help the Cooperative maintain a high productivity level.
External: Members, public officials, vendors, other utilities and the public. Performs other duties as directed or required.
Bachelor of Science degree in Information Technology/Computer Sciences or equivalent experience preferred.
Two years experience in the Information Technology field in the following areas: Corporate networking including Windows and other servers, wired and wireless infrastructure, WAN access including routing, firewalls and remote access, SQL Server, Oracle and other databases, Active Directory, Email and Cyber Security.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Strong interpersonal skills for conducting analysis interviews of management and users.
- Good listening skills.
- Strong "systems" skills to enable understanding of Cooperative needs from a global view.
- Strong background in operating systems and hardware architecture.
- Strong Cyber Security knowledge and skills.
- Strong accounting background.
- Strong relational database management skills.
- Aptitude to quickly learn new hardware, operating systems and other programs to implement and support corporate requirements.
- Must be highly motivated with positive people skills, a strong commitment to Cooperative principles and to providing excellent customer service and corporate synergy.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures or government regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, board of directors, clients, members, employees and the general public.
Normal business hours are 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday. Moderate business travel and overtime.
- Ability to work at both a global and detail level on highly technical requirements that demand a high level of accuracy.
- Ability to schedule work to meet multiple deadlines.
- Ability to work independently without direct supervision and to maintain project management scheduling.
- Maintain a positive work attitude.
- Complex data analysis.
- Multiple concurrent projects.
Position will remain open until July 01, 2019.
Kootenai Electric Cooperative, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their disability or protected veteran status.