Live Bird Hanger, 3rd Shift
Live Hang Job Summary:
Koch Foods is hiring Poultry Production Line Workers in the live hang department at the Chattanooga, Tennessee plant. This job reports directly to the department Supervisor, and is responsible for hanging chicken while adhering to the company animal welfare policy, along with other state and local laws.
3rd shift hours typically from 9:30 p.m. to 6:30 a.m.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
- Hang chickens on shackles while abiding by animal welfare policies adhered to and required by all Koch Foods employees.
- Rapid, repetitive grasping and hanging of live birds by the feet into overhead shackles.
- Follow all animal welfare standards while handling live poultry in a safe and respectful manner.
- No prior live hang experience necessary.
- Must be 18 years or older.
- Must be eligible to work in the United States.
Physical & Environmental Factors:
- Cold, damp, wet environment with temperatures ranging from 40 to 90 degrees.
- Stand/walk 100% of work day.
- Exposure to noise levels greater than 85 decibels.
- Bend, stoop, and lift various weights as needed.
- Climb stairs, frequently stoop, kneel, crawl and bend.
- Exposure to strong, raw and foul odors.
- Bending, twisting, stacking, pushing and standing for long periods of time.
- Manual dexterity of hands and wrists.
- Repetitively lift 4-5 pound birds throughout the workday.
- Ability to withstand working with live birds.
Benefits available after probationary period of employment:
- Health, Dental & Vision Insurance
- Voluntary Life & Disability Insurance
- Paid Time Off after 1 year of employment
- Employee Purchase Program
Koch Foods participates in the E-Verify system and uses all tools made available by the federal government to confirm the employment eligibility of all employees. All applicants are required to provide documentation proving their employment eligibility, and all offers of employment are contingent upon successful completion of the E-Verify process. U.S. law requires companies to employ only individuals who may legally work in the United States.
Koch Foods is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. All qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.