Substitute Library Assistant
This is a part-time substitute position responsible for providing library service directly to library users in accordance with Kitchigami Regional Library (KRL) policies and procedures. This person will be supervised by the Branch Manager and will work in cooperation with other staff members and volunteers to provide library service to the public.
Primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
* Performing circulation, reference, and other public service duties.
* Compiling statistics and completing reports as required.
* Maintaining current knowledge of authors, materials, and information services.
* Operating branch or department as designated by branch or department manager.
* Completing special projects as assigned.
* Substitute staff work will include evenings and Saturdays in accordance with branch hours as listed on www.krls.org.
Qualifications and Skills:
* High school diploma or GED
* Prior library experience or a combination of education and experience necessary to perform job duties.
* Prior customer service experience.
* Knowledge of computers, technology, and basic understanding of computer operations.
* Knowledge of Internet search engines and databases.
* Basic understanding of public library functions and the Dewey Decimal System.
Wage: $11.86 per hour
Only applicants meeting the requirements specified will be considered for interviews, and not all applicants may be interviewed.