MENTAL HEALTH TECHNICIAN (MHT) - DIRECT CARE
The Mental Health Technician is responsible for providing direct supervision and direction to emotionally and behaviorally challenged children and adolescents in a compassionate and respectful manner. This includes requiring an unwavering commitment to the safety of kids and being aware of all ongoing developments and concerns, on a daily basis, of all children in their care. This responsibility also includes demonstrating the ability to distinguish between discipline and punishment as well as seeing past a child’s surface behavior to recognize the children in need of help. Additionally, there is an innate desire to build trusting and supportive relationships with all of our children and recognize this as a prerequisite for implementing individualized treatment and unit programming.
- High School graduate or equivalent required; Bachelor’s Degree in Mental Health or related field preferred.
- Experience with acute emotionally challenged children or adolescents preferred.
- Valid driver's license preferred.
- SCM certification and CPR/First Aid certifications required (trained internally post-hire).
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Must possess basic personal computer knowledge and skills.