Tactical Quote Specialist - Mechanical
Keytronic is a team-based, supportive environment where everyone is able to feel encouraged and supported. We provide opportunities for growth through seminars, certifications, on-the-job training, and career advancement. Our team and employees are proud of our product diversity and team environment. We are an international company where you will do something different every day in our fast-paced work environment, but we are always finding ways to create something new and be innovative.
We encourage you to apply for this position if you enjoy being challenged, working in a dynamic work setting, and being a part of a team that creates products that drive our world, while providing an innovative workplace with deep camaraderie, compelling product diversity, and resources to build your career.
Keytronic provides competitive salaries and benefits including: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Short and Long Term Disability, Vacation, Holidays, Tuition Reimbursement, and 401K. We also have a company provided wellness program because we care about the wellbeing of our employees inside and outside of the workplace. We organize volunteer opportunities, company activities, and all-employee meetings to show we value our employees and the community around us!
JOB SUMMARY: Manage assigned quote project(s) with little or no supervision. Provide on time most strategic, competitive, and accurate final Material Quote(s). Develop mutually beneficial business relationships with key strategic suppliers to achieve best overall material cost.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: (Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Deliver/present accurate and comprehensive plastic, metal, and/or mechanical component quotes based upon a combination of financial analysis, component/industry experience, and rational reasoning.
- Apply logic and sanity check all material and other costs. Ensure lowest possible material costs before quotes are routed for signatures.
- Oversees the quote process on assigned quotes
- Provides supports to other roles as required.
- Able to manage multiple projects concurrently while meeting tight deadlines.
- Communicate clearly and concisely.
- Identify any constraints that may impede or prevent projects from being completed on time and escalate issues as necessary to Strategic Quoting Specialist or Quote Administrator to ensure a successful project outcome.
- Work with Engineering to decide ‘make/buy decisions’ based on the data and facts collected throughout the project.
- Keep the Material Costing Senior Manager/Strategic Quote Specialist informed as issues are identified and major milestones are achieved.
- Analyze multi-level indented BOM’s.
- Run and analyze QAD reports.
- Work with supplier and internal stakeholders on continuous improvement initiatives.
- Perform other duties as assigned or requested.
- Provide support to Commodity Management, as required on Semi-Annual quotes and other possible assignments.
- Performs other duties when required that are outside of normal job duties.
- Bachelors’ Degree in Business or Engineering
- Broad & deep knowledge of plastic, metal, and/or mechanical components (including ability to find alternates), sources and their performance, pricing, and delivery channel.
- 1 – 2 years’ experience in manufacturing planning, quoting, negotiations, or supplier relations.
- 1 – 2 years’ experience utilizing MRP systems.
- Equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Demonstrated organizational skills, with the ability to handle and prioritize multiple projects simultaneously in a timely manner in a fast-paced environment.
- Sound written and oral communication skills; must be able to write and understand routine reports, follow oral and written instructions, and speak effectively.
- Must have knowledge of use and operation of standard office equipment, and be familiar with commonly used email, Internet, word processing, databases and spreadsheets.
- Must have a high level of interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and confidential situations and materials. Position continually requires demonstrated poise, tact and diplomacy.
- Three – four years quoting experience with strong knowledge of MRP systems and BOM’s.
- CPIM, CPM, or other related certification.
- Experience in Contract Manufacturing and EMS industry desired with an emphasis in supporting an off-shore manufacturing facility.
- Ability to read, write, and speak Spanish, Vietnamese, and/or Chinese.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The employee is regularly required to sit; use hands and fingers, handle or feel objects, talk, hear, and see. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, stand, walk, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, or reach with hands and arms. The employee will regularly multi-task between projects, be required to move throughout the office building, and effectively communicate.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The environment is fast-paced; time pressured, and requires accuracy. The normal environment is quiet and typical of an open cubical setting with some areas that may be louder at times.
The statements on this job description are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by incumbents. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required by all incumbents, and all job descriptions are subject to change to accommodate business necessity. In support of Keytronic’s goals some incumbents may perform other duties as assigned. In addition, all Keytronic employees are expected to:
- Promote teamwork and cooperative effort
- Help train and give guidance to other Keytronic employees
- Maintain a clean, safe, and unobstructed work area
- Provide customers with the highest quality of products and service
- Understand and apply appropriate quality improvement processes.
Keytronic is an EOE/M/W/VET/Disabilities employer.