- Ability to embrace corporate culture of Honesty, Trust and Respect.
- Provide detailed, accurate and timely information to customers regarding their inquiries related to expediting, scheduled shipping dates, pricing, availability, order processing and credit processing.
- Pro-actively alert the customer of any issues (delivery, quality, cost, etc.) and propose solutions where possible.
- Track customer complaints/returns and ensure timely and proper corrective action is taken
- Develop a strategy (with support from functional managers) to effectively service each customer, while preserving the interests of Keytronic. This includes material management (minimize inventory while meeting customer needs), production planning, and quality assurance
- Analyze margins and provide feedback to materials and operations to increase margins.
- Follow-up on variances to ensure timely resolution
- Maintain and communicate performance metrics both internally and to assigned customers.
- Carefully monitor and manage performance to agreed upon metrics and develop action plan when required to improve performance
- Actively work to develop and propose ideas to the customer to reduce cost, improve quality, and shorten lead-times.
- Review customer purchase orders against quotations and resolve any discrepancies prior to processing the order
- Lead new product meetings with other internal Keytronic departments to ensure timely and effective support of new products
- Process and negotiate customer purchase order and engineering changes and submit cost/delivery impacts to customers
- Follow-up to ensure that all excess/obsolete inventory and other costs are recovered from the customer in a timely manner
- Manage cross functional team of engineering, buying, production, and administrative support
- Ability to travel up to 20% when necessary
- Bachelors degree or equivalent
- Minimum 5- 7 years experience in manufacturing environment, with some experience working in the electronics industry
- Experience managing customer relationships including quoting and negotiations, as well as delivery and quality performance management
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The employee is regularly required to sit; use hands and fingers, handle or feel objects, talk, hear, and see. The employee must occasionally lift, stand, walk, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, or reach with hands and arms. The environment is fast-paced; time pressured, and requires accuracy. The employee will regularly multi-task between projects, be required to move throughout the office building, and effectively communicate. The normal environment is quiet and typical of an open cubical setting with some areas that may be louder at times.
- Follow all ESD policies and procedures
- Follow all ISO procedures within the program management department
- Performs other duties, as assigned, to achieve corporate and departmental objectives
- Ability to work independently
- Excellent attention to detail
- Skilled in inventory management techniques (kanban, bonding, safety stock, etc.)
- Demonstrated ability to work with others in a team environment, supervisory experience is preferred
- Strong problem-solving abilities and prioritizations skills
- General business management knowledge financial, marketing, etc.
- Computer skills working knowledge of MS Office
- Strong team skills; ability to interact with all levels in the organization including ability to provide advice and counsel to senior decision makers
- Ability to quickly and accurately assess and address complex problems using creative approaches
- Demonstrated strategic thinking skills that portray the ability to conceptualize business requirements in a proactive manner
- Ability to write and speak effectively with people internal and external to the company
- People skills customer oriented, positive attitude, team participation, problem solver
Supervision is received in the department that the position is assigned by the Manager or Director of that department. May also receive guidance and mentoring from Sr. level management. Position has supervisory responsibilities for administrative assistants and/or planning staff.
The statements on this job description are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by incumbents. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required by all incumbents, and all job descriptions are subject to change to accommodate business necessity. In support of Keytronics goals some incumbents may perform other duties as assigned. In addition, all Keytronic employees are expected to:
- Promote teamwork and cooperative effort
- Help train and give guidance to other Keytronic employees
- Maintain a clean, safe, and unobstructed work area
- Provide customers with the highest quality of products and service
- Understand and apply appropriate quality improvement processes
Keytronic is an EOE/M/W/VET/Disabilities employer.