High School English/Spanish TeacherKettle Falls School District
Kettle Falls School District High School English/Spanish Teacher
The Kettle Falls SD is in need of a high school English/Spanish teacher starting the 19-20 school year.
The classroom teacher will create a class environment that implements the district articulated curriculum for their content area that provides positive learning experiences for all students, including providing each student with the knowledge, skills, values and attitudes to lead self-sufficient, healthy, productive, socially responsible lives to the best of their individual potential. The teacher will establish good relationships and rapport with students, parents, and staff members. The teacher will document student progress, set appropriate learning goals, lesson plans, plan activities and outcomes; address specific educational needs of all students; communicate feedback to student’s parents and administration regarding student progress, expectations and goals. The teacher will use assessment results to guide and implement differentiated instructional strategies. The teacher will work collaboratively with staff, attend department meetings and participate in extracurricular activities where appropriate. The teacher will maintain professional competence through in-service education, coursework and professional growth activities.
- Valid Washington State Teaching Certificate with a Secondary English/Foreign Language Endorsement
- Successful 9-12 school teaching experience
- Provide students with knowledge and skills necessary to create, perform, and respond effectively to all aspects of content areas
- Ability to relate positively with parents, students, community members and colleagues in order to achieve the vision and mission of the high school and school district
- Must make student safety a priority
- Must be able to teach students with a variety of learning levels and needs
- Flexibility, enthusiasm, and commitment to secondary education