Administrative Manager / Controller
KDA Architecture is looking for an individual to provide the firm Principals with assistance on all financial-related tasks. The ideal candidate has excellent math skills and a passion for finding solutions to complex problems. We’re looking for a self-starting, highly detailed professional who practices discretion in all corporate matters and is willing to help out where needed.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or related field.
• 3 + years’ experience working in an environment that involves multi-tasking.
• Excel expertise along with proficiency in Word and Outlook.
• Previous in-depth experience in accounting software (QuickBooks does not apply).
• Quickly adapts to, comprehends, and develops expertise in new software.
• HR industry experience preferred but not required.
• Ability to manage resources.
• Ability to communicate clearly in both written and verbal correspondence.
• Commitment to detailed financial accounting and reporting.
• Prepare detailed monthly financial statements for review with Principals.
• Prepare year-end conversion to cash basis for submission to accountant for tax return.
• Coordinate audits.
• Prepare office budgets for the firm as well as cash forecast.
• Oversee all accounting and secretarial staff.
• In depth understanding of contract terms and conditions between KDA and others.
• Lead billing process.
• Oversee and track accounts receivable and collection for revenue cycle management.
• Manage accounts payable and payroll functions to assure accurate and timely payment consistent with acceptable accounting practices and principles.
• Coordinate consultant invoices with terms of their contacts and our invoices.
• Prepare agenda for weekly Principal meeting.
• Responsible for safeguarding both the legal and insurance interests of the practice to include compliance with laws and regulations, and evaluation of insurance coverages.
• Lead negotiation of annual contracts for medical insurance provider.
• Prepare annual application for professional liability insurance.
• Oversee and manage Human Resources functions: recruiting, employee relations, 401k/Roth plan administration, benefits, compliance, confidentiality/HIPAA, training, payroll, risk-management, safety, employment law and so on.
Benefits: Vacation, sick leave, and holidays paid time off. Medical and life insurance. Education fund. 401k/Roth with match.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please email your resume and a short cover letter