The Deputy Auditor/Treasurer will compile and process County employee time and payroll data. Computes and posts wages and deductions, and prepares paychecks. Monitors bank accounts and transfer monies as needed to ensure adequate balances. Must be able to work in a team and independently; must have attention to detail and accuracy. Associate's Degree in related field and 2-4 years of experience required.
* Keep informed about changes in tax and deduction laws that apply to the payroll process.
* Conduct verifications of employment.
* Prepare and balance period-end reports, and reconcile issued payrolls to bank statements.
* Issue and record adjustments to pay related to previous errors or retroactive increases.
* Prepares warrants for withholding taxes and health insurance premiums.
* Compute severance payouts, separation of employment payments for employees. Communicate and coordinate with HR/ employee on these as well.
* Assist with elections.
* Other duties as assigned.
Salary range is $48,496 - $70,336.