This full-time position is responsible for handling front office reception and performs a wide variety of office management functions to provide both clerical and support to educational programs within Iowa State University Extension and Outreach (ISUEO) of Johnson County.
- 1. Bachelor’s degree with experience required.
- 2. Computer literacy (Fluent with e-mail, MS Office programs: Word, Excel, Publisher and web systems)
- 3. Ability to work in a fast-paced team atmosphere.
- 4. Organizational skills, multi-tasking capabilities, and ability to achieve deadlines.
- 5. Strong communication skills, written and verbal.
- 6. Ability to take initiative and be a self-starter.
- 7. Valid driver’s license and access to reliable transportation, to fulfill the duties of the position.
- 8. Must pass ISU Extension and Outreach background check and be approved by the Johnson County Agricultural Extension District Council.
- 1. Assist clients by furnishing information concerning (ISUEO) programs and lead clients to the resources available from ISUEO Program Specialists, researched-based websites, and cooperating agencies
- 2. Prepare correspondence for distribution of letters, newsletters, flyers and electronic formats etc.
- 3. Duplicate and assemble materials using office copy machines.
- 4. Receipt in funds, make deposits, enter financial data, & support accounting system as needed.
- 5. Assist with web and general computer program support, data entry, and audio/visual equipment.
- 6. Support ISUEO program specialist within ANR, Human Sciences, 4-H Youth Development, and Community Economic Development with program needs including registration and a variety of clerical functions.
- 7. Order and maintain publications and office supplies.
- 8. Assist REED & Program Specialists with organizational contacts with volunteers and clients relating to Extension programs.
- 9. Other duties as assigned.
Demands of the position
- 1. This is a 40 hour per week position with normal work hours 8:00 A.M. - 5:00 P.M. Monday through Friday with a 1-hour lunch break, some evenings/weekends required a. The position requires additional overtime hours during the month of July for the Johnson County 4-H and FFA Fair.
- 2. This position requires routine office demands, including possibility of lifting of moderate weights.
- 1. Wages will be determined based on experience and/or budgetary limitations.
- 2. This is a full-time position. The employee will receive paid holidays and vacation/sick leave in accordance with the current Office Policy.
- 3. The employer will pay its portion of FICA and IPERS.
- 4. Employer provides an individual insurance plan in accordance with the current Office Policy.
- 5. Mileage for work-related travel reimbursed at the federal rate.