4-H Afterschool AssistantJohnson County Extension
The 4-H Afterschool Assistant position is for Spring 2019 semester, with potential fall employment opportunity: Positions available January 20, 2020 through May 15, 2020.
- Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Thursdays from 3:10-5:15 p.m. at the school
- Lead 4-H "hands on" afterschool STEM (science, technology, engineering, math) at Iowa City elementary schools
- Participate in one hour, weekly staff training/meetings one evening per week
- Submit records of participation, evaluations, wage/mileage reports as required by the supervisor
- Training and related experience in working with groups of kindergarten through fourth grade youth; including group management, communication skills and ability to lead educational activities
- Valid driver's license, standard car insurance, safe driving record and access to car for transportation
- Employee will submit application for Child Protection Safety Program and pass background screening by Extension
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, veteran status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status or disability (in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act) with respect to employment opportunities.