Heavy Equipment Operators
JKT, Development Inc. is searching for full-time Heavy Equipment Operators to join their growing team!
The Heavy Equipment Operator manages a variety of heavy machinery for the purpose of residential and/or commercial excavating projects. While maintaining a safe and clean work environment, this position performs site layout staking, excavating, water, sewer, storm and dry utilities.
Why work for Jamestown S'Klallam Tribe?
As a committed and collaborative partner in our community for over four decades, the Jamestown S'Klallam Tribe (JST) has continued to grow the areas of economic development, healthcare, natural resources, hospitality, cultural preservation, and the arts. Through our Resort Enterprises and Tribal Government, we are now the second largest employer in Clallam County, and provide a wide range of employment opportunities to our Tribal Citizens and community.
Our employees are like extended family, and we believe in providing employee benefit programs and incentives that cultivate a positive and enriching work environment, and healthy lifestyle. We hope that each of our employees continue to honor our commitment to our community and to treat our guests like family as well.
If you would like to become a part of our team, check out this position's job details below, and apply today! Make sure to include current email and phone contacts for all provided professional and personal references in your application.
As a Heavy Equipment Operator, you will:
- Operate range of light and heavy machinery including: excavator, backhoe, grader, water-truck, loader, roller, dozer, mini-excavator, and bobcat
- Safely and productively operate machinery assigned. Adapt to changing environment including traffic, soil conditions and weather.
- Handling and/ or moving of material.
- Work safely and follow all company policies.
- Ensure proper care in the use and maintenance of equipment and supplies; promote continuous improvement of workplace safety and environmental practices.
- Perform general labor duties as required.
- Perform grading and staking for site preparation.
- Assist supervisors and operators on excavating projects
- Work with and assist laborers when required.
- Perform minor and routine maintenance on a variety of equipment.
- Record and journal activities for projects.
- Meet schedule and budget requirements assigned to the job
- Comply with Federal, state and local regulations.
- Maintain safe and clean equipment, vehicles and work environment.
What are the Required Qualifications for this position?
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Four (4) years of experience in operating equipment
- Ability to operate a range of heavy equipment and excavation equipment.
- Proficient with using hand powered, tools such as chainsaws, plate and jumping jack compactors
- Proficient with using a field laser level, sight-level and other surveying equipment.
- Understand and interpret blueprints, plans and layouts and able to layout projects
- Ability to travel including but not limited to jobsites, quarries, suppliers.
- Must be able to successfully pass a pre-hire drug and criminal background investigation
What are the Preferred Qualifications for this position?
- Valid Driver's License
- Ability to work independently within budgets with minimal direction
- Effective written and verbal communication, must be able to speak clearly
- Demonstrate attention/awareness to project timelines.
- Excellent organization skills and the ability to prioritize multiple tasks.
- Effective time management, decision-making, and problem-solving skills
- American Indian/Alaska Native preferences apply