Assistant Site CoordinatorJenks Public Schools
Jenks Public Schools
Position: Assistant Site Coordinator - Before & After School Enrichment
Reports to: Site Coordinator Before & After School Enrichment
1. High School diploma or GED required.
2. Must possess one of the following requirements:
a. Hold Child Development Associate (CDA)
b. Hold Certificate of Mastery
c. Completed thirty (30) college hours which includes fifteen (15) hours of child development coursework.
d. Hold a Bachelor's degree which includes six (6) hours of child development coursework.
3. Experience in daycare/school-age care.
4. Must meet all state licensing requirements.
5. Satisfy all district requirements with regard to physical health and citizenship.
6. Such alternatives to the above qualifications as the Board may find appropriate and acceptable.
Position Goal: Assist in the management of the site program to provide innovative teaching and care in a learning environment that offers and encourages choice and developmentally appropriate self-direction.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
1. Assist Site Coordinator with organizing and managing the program. Responsible for program in absence of Site Coordinator.
2. Assist Site Coordinator with clerical work needed in the operation of the program.
3. Assist Site Coordinator in maintaining attendance records.
4. Assist Site Coordinator in maintaining a personal file for each child.
5. Assist Site Coordinator in filing enrollment forms along with immunization records for all students.
6. Assist Site Coordinator in recording and receipting any enrollment fees, tuition, and non-school day tuition, and in preparing transmittal sheets for deposit. Assist Site Coordinator in sending out past due notices and supply Program Coordinator with list of recipients.
7. Assist Site Coordinator with planning daily activities and prepare materials.
8. Supervise childhood instructor II's and teacher assistants in absence of Site Coordinator.
9. Assist Site Coordinator with implementing program, non-school days, and summer camp curriculum.
10. Assist Site Coordinator in keeping track of inventory and purchasing supplies, food, and necessary equipment.
11. Assist Site Coordinator with monitoring and maintaining licensing requirements for site.
12. Assist Site Coordinator with maintaining parent communication through newsletters, bulletin boards, and daily notes.
13. Assist Site Coordinator in to make available, maintain and supervise a developmentally appropriate, healthy and safe program that provides protection and supervision of all the children enrolled, during all times of operation.
14. Adhere to student behavior and discipline as per the Jenks Elementary, Intermediate, and Middle School Handbooks. Guide and administer discipline in a positive, respectful manner, which promotes self-control, self-direction, and self-esteem for each individual child.
15. Attend workshops and conferences in accordance with licensing standards and requirements per licensed year.
16. Perform all other duties as assigned.
Employment Terms: Twelve (12) month classified hourly contract
FLSA Qualification: Non-Exempt
Evaluation: Jenks Public Schools Classified Evaluation
This is an overview intended for compliance with the ADA – it is not an exhaustive list of the duties to be performed. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions of a specific position.
Regular Requirements: Stand for extended periods; sit for extended periods; twist at the neck and trunk; bend at the waist; stoop, kneel, crouch; lift/move up to 20 pounds; handle objects and tools with hands; repetitive use of fingers and hands.
Occasional Requirements: Reach with hands and arms overhead, above shoulder and horizontally; lift/move up to 40 pounds.
Visual Requirements: Close, color, peripheral, depth perception, ability to adjust focus.
Hearing/Speaking Requirements: Adequate to exchange information.