Jefferson Financial Federal Credit Union is seeking a full-time Systems Analyst. This position assists in development and implementation of the core system projects through planning, support, documentation, training, analysis, and project management skills. Works closely with Core Systems Manager as a resource to ensure core system solutions are available to meet credit union objectives. Provides support to staff on third party applications interfacing with the core system. Participates with teams/committees to ensure the completion of projects. Works closely with the Core Systems Manager to accomplish the goals set forth by the Chief Information Officer. Strong business analyst and project management skills are essential.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Core application programmer responsible for report writing, batch file maintenance, on-demand solutions, and form programming.
- Assist Core Systems Manager with core system maintenance and updates.
- Aid in reviewing processes, existing procedures, and systems for consistency and possible improvements. Design and program applications to meet the needs. Follow up on problem resolution and inform users. Test and debug all systems before moving to the live directory.
- Coordinate application enhancements to existing computer systems; Ensure that all system updates are communicated to users. Coordinate with manager and users to ensure timely and efficient releases.
- Serve as information resource for users, including determination of most appropriate data source, providing or arranging application-based report writing, or educating users to retrieve the information themselves.
- May assist as project coordinator for in-house core development or implementation of vendor-based development. Interface with various outside venders necessary to complete the project assignments or for external information exchange.
- Remain knowledgeable of operations and the within departments to provide comprehensive support.
- Participate in operational advisory roles, as required.
- Advise and assist in selection, installation, and support of any proposed project solution.
- Provide backup support for other core systems staff.
- Ensures compliance with all applicable federal regulations, including the Bank Secrecy Act, Security and OFAC.
- Update & maintain the employee intranet site.
- Aid in the administration of other third-party applications that interface with the core system
Education and Skills
- Prerequisite for the position requires prior professional work experience of at least 2 years and a Bachelor’s degree in a computer related field demonstrating the required knowledge, skills and abilities as indicated, or any equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Interpersonal skills necessary to communicate effectively and tactfully.
- Exceptional organizational and technical skills.
- Ability to stay abreast and adapt to changing technologies in a dynamic environment.
- Must be extremely conscientious, and maintain accountability for the sensitivity of information and assets under the custody of the department.