Management Team Assistant
Position will support Finance & HR department and Jamestown Parks and Rec Management team in providing effective and efficient service to the community. Management Team Assistant will be responsible for assisting with the daily operations of the office, accounts payables, and other associated administrative functions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Primary customer service representative at the administrative office
• Answer, screen and forward incoming phone calls
• Process registration and fee payments
• Accounts Payable- process documents to disperse funds
• Facilitate rental and reservation processes for JPRD facilities to include Bunker, park shelters, and playing fields
• Assist with website maintenance and monitor social media posts
• Facilitate JPRD Purchasing (supply orders) and support managers to ensure compliance with the organization’s procurement policy.
• Facilitate Sponsorship program
• Provides backup to related positions within the Administrative Offices
• Support the organization’s central record keeping system both electronic and physical (filing) to include organizing and maintaining a key log
• Support the JPRD Foundation by processing and tracking donations and pledges through Giftworks and distributing appropriate correspondence.
• Conduct light cleaning duties at the office
• Assists Business Manager and Director to achieve goals of the department.
• Attends regular department/committee meetings and performs related work as required.
• Upholds JPRD values and works to fulfill the mission of the organization.
• High school graduate or GED required.
• A two-year business degree preferred.
• Two (2) years of increasingly responsible work experience preferred.
• Experience involving service to the general public is preferred. Applicants must have a positive attitude and want to work in a fun, energetic, fast paced environment.
The job operates in a professional office environment requiring routine use of standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, and filing systems.
While performing the duties of this job, this employee is an indoor setting where he or she may be subject to noise and distraction; may require muscular exertion and/or physical strain; requires use of fine motor skills to operate a computer, keyboard, and mouse, and must sit, stand, walk, bend, stoop, crouch and kneel. Must be able to speak, hear, and understand the English language. This employee occasionally is required to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Jamestown Parks and Recreation provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Jamestown Parks and Recreation complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the organization has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.