Guest Service Supervisor- Two Rivers Activity Center
This position will be located at the Two Rivers Activity Center (TRAC). TRAC is a state-of-the-art recreation center designed to support health and wellness for all ages. Our cause is to make our community the best place to live and play by providing resources, programs and opportunities that promote health and well-being. Our work focuses on; health and wellness programming, recreational and leisure activities, and youth development.
• Community- We are all in this together.
• Quality- We provide an exceptional experience.
• Integrity- We act with high ethical standards.
• Inspiration- We believe in what we do to make a difference
Under the general supervision of the TRAC Facility Manager the Guest Services Supervisor will provide the overall supervision and management of Member Services and Front Desk operations at TRAC.
• Interacts with guests in a warm and friendly way.
• Listens to understand what guests have to say.
• Takes immediate action to meet guest requests or needs.
• Recognizes safety hazards and takes corrective action; seeking assistance when needed.
• Demonstrates knowledge of operational policies and procedures.
• Abides by the JPRD security camera policy and operate and uses video recordings appropriately.
• Performs work safely, without causing harm or risk to self, others or property.
Mission and Values
• Demonstrates personal commitment to the Mission and Values of the facility.
• Makes a decision considering the impact of the decision on other areas.
• Initiates collaboration with others outside of service area.
• Models accountability for learning by sharing knowledge and learning from others.
• Regular and predictable attendance is required.
• Builds effective working relationships.
• Expresses appreciation to others for their work.
• Treats others with respect.
• Demonstrates both knowledge and application of TRAC policies, procedures, and guidelines.
• Facilitates and supports change within TRAC and Jamestown Parks and Recreation.
• Demonstrates commitment to continuous learning for themselves and staff.
• Demonstrates and applies continuous quality improvement knowledge and skills.
• Professionalism/Integrity - Models high standards of principles, values, and ethics through policy decisions, professional duties, and personal actions in the organization and the community.
• Leadership/Visualization - Monitors and anticipates changes with the fitness, wellness, and health care industry. Seeks input from others and provides direction to employees; listens and communicates to ensure acceptance and ownership of strategic and operational direction as well as the accomplishment of organizational goals.
• Decision Making/Problem Solving - Gathers information, selects the best strategy, implements and evaluates decisions to assure continuous improvement and contribution to the long-term best interest of TRAC and its constituents.
• Manages Money - Ensures good stewardship of financial resources through generating revenue and/or controlling costs; provides oversight for the financial condition of area of responsibility by managing effectively within budget.
• Manages Employee Resources - Promotes high levels of employee engagement, performance, and retention, and allocates resources consistent with TRAC’s mission of service.
• Demonstrates skill in accessing, preparing, and using information as relevant to position.
• Verbalizes and demonstrates knowledge of procedures for maintaining security, confidentiality and integrity of employee and member information.
• Demonstrates ability to collect, analyze and present data as appropriate to position. Equipment
• Demonstrates skill in use of equipment relevant to position; verbalizes knowledge of appropriate safety procedures.
• Diagnoses equipment problems; repairs equipment or seeks out appropriate person to make repairs.
• Consistently informs appropriate person of problems encountered with repairs or calibration of equipment.
Duties and responsibilities
• Assures that self and staff maintain positive relationships with guests in order to recruit and retain members.
• Serves as the direct contact person for all questions and concerns for TRAC guests ensuring satisfaction for the majority. Serves as a backup to the staff at front desk.
• Provides feedback and is the liaison between guests of TRAC and appropriate program managers to ensure that guest needs are met through services and programs.
• Partners with the Facility Maintenance Supervisor to ensure a safe, efficient, attractive, and well-maintained facility including following emergency policies and procedures.
• Accountable for the recruitment, selection, development, training, and scheduling of the guest services staff and for ensuring that the employees work as a team in achieving the department and organizations goals. Holds regular and effective staff meetings.
• Responsible for the implementation of member recruitment and retention strategies. • Manages facility reservations and rentals.
• Has expertise in the member relations database and software programs as it pertains to front desk and membership services. Serves as a trainer and mentor to others using this software.
• Validates daily transactions for accuracy.
• Performs monthly billing and member management tasks; ie, automatic withdrawal, membership reports and audit, submission to third party reimbursements
• Manages TRAC Membership Assistance scholarship program.
• Works with business office to assure accurate billing and refund policies.
• Participates in the development of the annual business plan and oversees the financial targets for the Guest Services Department.
• Maintains and implements Jamestown Parks and Recreation and TRAC policies and procedures and assures they are followed by staff and members.
• Assists with policy and procedure drafting and review.
• Supports TRAC Phase II Capital Campaign by processing documentation.
• Maintains department inventory.
• Submits billing requests accurately and timely; assures budget is maintained.
• Serves as the liaison to TRAC management team and other departments and staff within the district.
• Perform other duties as delegated by the TRAC Facility Manager.
• Preferred bachelor’s degree or related field or equivalent work experience.
• Minimum of 2 years Customer Service experience required.
• Experience with accounting/billing software preferred.
• Supervisory experience preferred.
This position will require the attendance at regular team meetings, trainings and special planned events. Applicants should have a flexible schedule as shifts may include nights and/or weekends. All applicants will be subject to a criminal background check.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, this employee is frequently required to use fine motor skills to operate a computer, keyboard, and mouse and must sit, stand, walk and kneel. Must be able to speak, hear and understand the English language. This employee occasionally is required to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
This position is responsible for the direct supervision of;
• Guest Service Attendants
• Concessions Staff