Environmental Services Worker
This position will be located at the Two Rivers Activity Center (TRAC). TRAC is a state-of-the-art recreation center designed to support health and wellness for all ages. Our cause is to make our community the best place to live and play by providing resources, programs and opportunities that promote health and well-being. Our work focuses on; health and wellness programming, recreational and leisure activities, and youth development.
• Community- We are all in this together.
• Quality- We provide an exceptional experience.
• Integrity- We act with high ethical standards.
• Inspiration- We believe in what we do to make a difference
Under the general supervision of the TRAC Facility Maintenance Supervisor the Environmental Services Worker will provide the overall care of the physical building for TRAC and is responsible for all building cleaning services. Maintains a safe and sanitary environment for visitors and employees. Cleans and maintains TRAC facilities as directed. Includes responsibilities such as cleaning, removing trash, and room set up. Responsible for proper chemical usage and maintaining a safe environment, including storage of chemicals. Other duties as assigned
• Interacts with guests in a warm and friendly way.
• Listens to understand what guests have to say.
• Takes immediate action to meet guest requests or needs.
• Recognizes safety hazards and takes corrective action; seeking assistance when needed.
• Demonstrates knowledge of operational policies and procedures.
• Performs work safely, without causing harm or risk to self, others or property.
Mission and Values
• Demonstrates personal commitment to the Mission and Values of the facility.
• Makes a decision considering the impact of the decision on other areas.
• Initiates collaboration with others outside of service area.
• Models accountability for learning by sharing knowledge and learning from others.
• Regular and predictable attendance is required.
• Builds effective working relationships.
• Expresses appreciation to others for their work.
• Treats others with respect.
• Demonstrates both knowledge and application of TRAC policies, procedures, and guidelines.
• Facilitates and supports change within TRAC and Jamestown Parks and Recreation.
• Demonstrates commitment to continuous learning for themselves.
• Demonstrates and applies continuous quality improvement knowledge and skills.
• Demonstrates skill in accessing, preparing, and using information as relevant to position.
• Verbalizes and demonstrates knowledge of procedures for maintaining security, confidentiality and integrity of employee and member information.
• Demonstrates ability to collect, analyze and present data as appropriate to position.
• Demonstrates skill in use of equipment relevant to position; verbalizes knowledge of appropriate safety procedures.
• Seeks out appropriate person to make equipment repairs.
• Consistently informs appropriate person of problems encountered with repairs or calibration of equipment.
• Wears appropriate personal protective equipment as per training, signage and product labels. Adheres to safety regulations as per departmental training (e.g. wet floor signs, caution tape, electrical cords laid along wall).
Duties and responsibilities
• Floor Care - Dusts, damp and dry mop floors. Strips, waxes, seals, buffs and vacuums floors and shampoos carpet as assigned.
• Restroom Cleaning/Sanitizing - Cleans toilets, urinals, sinks, showers and plumbing fixtures. Replenishes dispenser supplies and empties trash. • Trash Removal - Empties waste baskets, replaces liners per area/unit specification and washes receptacles as needed.
• High/Low and Surface Cleaning - Cleans walls, windows, cabinets, furniture, exercise equipment, and light fixtures, per departmental procedures.
• Supplies/Equipment - Maintains supply carts and Environmental Services closets throughout the facility. Care and use of equipment per departmental procedures and manufacturers' guidelines.
• Majority of work will be indoors some duties will include working outside.
• Performs all duties in an independent manner with little or no supervision.
• Assists outside contractors as directed by management.
• Assures that buildings and grounds are clean and safe.
• Coordinates with maintenance staff.
• Utilizes housekeeping equipment in a safe and efficient manner.
• Participates in in-service educational programs and staff meetings.
• Responds in a timely manner to all needs for facility cleaning requests.
• Shovels/Blows snow to maintain safe walking paths.
• Handles cleaning chemicals and solutions per product labeling and departmental procedures.
• Submits paperwork accurately and timely.
• Perform other duties as delegated by the TRAC Facility Maintenance Supervisor
• High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Must be dependable and have reliable transportation.
• Ability to communicate in English to understand and respond to basic verbal and written English language instruction.
• Ability to perform physical requirements of position as outlined.
• Position requires a person with a positive attitude who is pleasant, cooperative, committed to the team approach and displays a professional demeanor with members, families, guests and fellow workers.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, this employee is frequently required to use fine motor skills to operate a computer, keyboard, and mouse and must sit, stand, walk and kneel. Must be able to speak, hear and understand the English language. This employee regularly is required to lift and/or move up to 30 pounds. This employee occasionally is required to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.