Experienced Environmental Technician
Jacob & Hefner Associates, Inc. dba JHA Environmental, Inc. has immediate openings for an experienced environmental technician in our Southern California region. Our ideal candidate must have 2-5 years of relevant experience with environmental projects and must possess the following:
- Reading comprehension skills: You must have reading comprehension skills in order to understand work-related documents.
- Critical thinking skills: These will allow you to weigh possible solutions to problems.
- Communication skills: You'll most likely be working as a member of a team, so possessing strong listening, speaking, writing skills, and interpersonal skills is critical. You must convey information factually and clearly to the engineer or team leader when you can't resolve issues yourself.
- Observational skills: You must be able to recognize and identify potential problems without delay.
- Technical problem solving
- Mechanical aptitude, be able to work with others and on their own.
- Be willing to travel and work locally.
Field tasks may involve:
- Operation, maintenance and monitoring of remediation systems;
- Groundwater monitoring;
- Soil sampling;
- Vapor Monitoring;
- Pipe fitting;
- Troubleshooting of pumps, blowers, motors;
- Providing contractor oversight;
- Supporting injection projects – i.e. bioaugmentation, chemical oxidation;
- Air monitoring; and
- Stormwater sampling
- Ability to travel;
- Reliable transportation to and from job-sites;
- Certifications: OSHA 40hr and 8hr training;
- Familiarity with environmental safety protocols and standards;
- Ability to professionally interact with clients, supervisors, and coworkers at all times;
- Possess a strong work ethic and commitment to excellence;
- Attention to details, collecting and documenting data;
- Comprehend and communicate specific directions to ensure a safe work place; and
- Desire to learn and commitment to working safely
About Jacob & Hefner Associates, Inc:
Jacob & Hefner Associates, Inc. is a civil engineering, land surveying, and environmental services firm with offices in Illinois and California. The company's civil engineering and land surveying divisions were established in 1996 by Jeff Jacob and John Hefner. In 2006, the company expanded to California with the opening of JHA Environmental, Inc, with the primary focus on environmental remediation services. Expansion has continued with the addition of environmental services in Illinois in 2013, the opening of our environmental construction company, JHA Remediation, LLC, in California in 2014, the addition of civil engineering and land surveying in Duluth & Kennesaw, Georgia in 2018, and civil engineering in Dallas, Texas in 2019.
401K, Medical, Dental, Vision, Life