Floor TechnicianInverness Village
Inverness Village is committed to celebrating and encouraging a meaningful work - life balance for associates. We offer a very competitive total compensation package, which includes medical, dental, vision insurance, an excellent 401k retirement savings plan and Paid Time Off (PTO). We celebrate diversity, promote spiritual growth and wellness, and encourage career advancement and development.
- Ensures that work/cleaning schedules are followed as closely as practical.
- Strips and waxes floors in resident apartments and common areas as assigned.
- Cleans carpets in resident apartments and common areas using the carpet extractor as assigned.
- Cleans upholstery in common areas as assigned.
- Cleans and sanitizes public restrooms including cleaning, washing, sanitizing and/or polishing bathroom fixtures. Ensures that water marks are removed from fixtures.
- Cleans/polishes furnishing, fixtures, ledges, room heating/cooling units, etc., in common areas daily as instructed.
- Cleans windows/mirrors recreational areas, bathrooms and entrance/exit ways.
- Cleans floors to include sweeping, dusting, damp/wet mopping, stripping, waxing, buffing, disinfecting, etc.
- Cleans carpets to include vacuuming, shampooing, deodorizing and disinfecting.
- Cleans walls and ceilings by washing, wiping, dusting, spot cleaning, disinfecting, etc.
- Removes dirt, dust, grease, film, etc., from surfaces using proper cleaning/disinfecting solutions.
- Packs and unpacks resident belongings in order to replace carpet, etc.
- Discards waste/trash into proper containers and relines trash receptacle.
- Reports all accidents/incidents to supervisor no matter how minor they may be.
- Ensures that work/assignment areas are clean and that equipment, tools, supplies, etc., are properly stored at all times.
- Discards infectious wastes into appropriate containers.
- Coordinates daily housekeeping services with nursing services when performing routine cleaning assignments in resident living and/or recreational areas.
- Empties and sanitizes ash trays daily. Empties ash trays into appropriate metal containers with self-closing cover devices.
- Dusts and polishes all surfaces, including high and horizontal surfaces, furniture and accessories in public areas and residents rooms.
- Performs isolation cleaning procedures in accordance with established infection control procedures.
- Follows established safety regulations, to include fire protection/prevention, smoking regulations, infection control, use of labels & MSDSs, hand washing procedures, etc.
- Adheres to Standards of Attendance.
- Performs other duties, as assigned.
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Must be able to read, write, speak and understand the English language.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with internal and external customers.
- Must possess the ability to deal tactfully with personnel, residents, family members, visitors, government agencies / personnel and the general public.
- Must not pose a direct threat to the health or safety of other individuals in the workplace.
- Must be able to cope with the mental and emotional stress of the position, including possible frequent interruptions during the work day.
- Must meet the general health requirements set forth by the policies of this facility.
- Must be able to safely operate equipment necessary for position.
- Must possess the ability to make independent decisions when circumstances warrant such action.
- Must be able to maintain a rapport with the residents and their families.
- Must be able to lift, climb ladders, crawl under equipment, and work in cramped spaces at times.
- Must be able to spend the day frequently walking, climbing, stooping, and bending.
- Must be able to cooperate and work effectively with other team members.
- Must be able to work on feet throughout the work day, walking and bending.
- Must be able to push, pull, move, and/or lift objects repeatedly.
- May be necessary to assist in the evacuation of residents during emergency situations.