Staff Logistics AnalystIllumina, Inc.
Under guidance of the Global Logistics Associate Director, works with management and to ensure logistics process, practices and initiatives are in compliance with global standards. Enhance product workflow by analyzing, developing and implementing logistics plans that affect production, distribution, and inventory on a global scale. Gathers data and conducts analysis with the goal of improving the organization's supply chain operations. Identifies under performing areas in logistics and suggest improvements or resolutions to problems. Plays a crucial role in the negotiation, evaluation and implementation of service provider contracts and service arrangements globally. Serves as a liaison to other departments including compliance, planning, customer service, finance, and purchasing to resolve issues and implement process improvements. Creates and reviews procedures for logistics to maximize customer satisfaction and minimize cost. Areas of responsibility include but are not limited to: service provider management, price/service analysis, SOP writing/updating, project management, all customer service communications with regards to logistics, import-export compliance, and shipment of product from place of origin to point of delivery and logistics activities. Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals and performs a variety of complicated tasks.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Analyzes, develops and implements global logistics plans, and procedures to maximize compliance with customer needs.
- Updating and maintaining Standard Operating Procedures with carriers.
- Provides metrics, KPI’s, and executes analysis used for decision making by upper management.
- Works with local and regional management at all sites to ensure the logistics spend is accurately forecasted and within budget.
- Manages global freight auditing program to support Finance/Logistics and cost savings measures.
- Evaluates processes of shipment packaging according to specifications and delivery in a timely manner to maximize customer satisfaction.
- Ensures cost effective, efficient and traceable movement of company products both in-bound and out-bound.
- Evaluates and provides guidance to management for all transportation and freight costs, as well as appropriate routing and carriers to be used.
- Collaborates with global departments including Logistics, Planning, Procurement, CS, and Finance.
- Manages projects for Global Logistics ensuring cross functional linkage between strategy, operations plans, and key metrics. Assist with goal definition, alignment, and deployment.
- Interprets contract terms and conditions for export/import implications and provides direction in all phases of international logistics.
- Evaluates logistics and compliance operations throughout the organization.
- Exhibits thorough understanding of international Letters of Credit and other forms of banking documents and international shipments.
- Develops and implements cost reduction and continuous improvement plans applicable to function.
- Interacts with vendors and peers in Manufacturing, Production Planning, Customer Service, Sales and Finance to optimize systems and procedures.
- Acquires and maintains a clear understanding of the technologies utilized in Illumina’s products, parts and services.
- All listed tasks and responsibilities are deemed as essential functions to this position; however, business conditions may require reasonable accommodations for additional task and responsibilities.
- Logistical system implementation project management experience (TMS, WMS, Freight Payment, Supply Chain Visibility)
Preferred Educational and Experience Background:
Typically requires a minimum of 8 years of related experience with a Bachelor’s degree; or 6 years and a Master’s degree; or a PhD with 3 years experience; or equivalent experience.
- KPI’s/Metric Analytics for Transportation
- Experience with import/export shipping documents and international shipment requirements.
- In-depth knowledge of ERP/MRP systems (SAP preferred).
- Ability to work and interact with departments throughout the organization.
- ISO 13485, FDA, and GMP knowledge.
- Advanced level of experience in the use of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, Access).
- Strong CI project management skills.
- Must have the ability to prepare and deliver effective presentations.
- Ability to analyze and resolve problems independently.
- Excellent math skills, strong organizational skills, and very detail oriented.
- Excellent verbal and written communication, analytical and interpersonal skills.