Staff Analyst - Distribution/Logistics Network AnalysisIllumina, Inc.
Staff Logistics Analyst
Job Summary: Delivering the execution of continuous improvement initiatives across the supply chain, focused on logistics and transportation.
You can help to define, plan and deliver projects from initiation through to execution, organizing cross-functional activities. Working closely with management enables you to ensure logistics processes, practices, and initiatives are in compliance with global standards. You’ll also be afforded the opportunity to audit, optimize and/or build systems and processes thus ensuring that Logistics executes its strategy and operates in a cohesive manner.
Like you, we know the importance your role and offer you a collaborative and supportive environment in which you are actively encouraged to continually develop your own skills and knowledge, along with embracing innovation and change. If you want to make a difference, Illumina’s mission is to improve human health by unlocking the power of the genome - If that inspires you, let’s talk.
You’ll join a culture fuelled by innovation, collaboration and openness, helping change lives by driving advancements in life sciences, oncology, reproductive health, agriculture and other emerging markets. Your new colleagues are all deeply passionate about what they do, knowing that our work has the power to improve lives.
- The execution of continuous improvement initiatives across the supply chain, focused on logistics and distribution.
- Define, justify, and prioritize new initiatives and opportunities, recommend next steps and project follow up, as needed.
- Ensure cross-functional linkage between strategy, projects, and key metrics. Assist with cost savings initiatives, goal definition, alignment, and deployment.
- Perform analytic modeling for distribution network and channels. Making recommendations to senior management on proposals
- Collaborate with cross-functional stakeholders to drive improvements within the logistics/distribution network
- Collaborate with customers, 3PL providers and internal stakeholders to drive customer experience improvements
- Actively participate in 3PL partner selections, setup and contract negotiations.
- Track projects, deliverables, critical issues, and action items; follow up to ensure completion to schedule (Project Management).
- Coordinate, prepare and/or drive deliverables for Quarterly Reviews, All-Hands Meetings, strategic planning process, and budgeting.
- Serve as the interface to key strategic or corporate initiatives.
- Run forward-looking agenda and ensure that preparation and follow up takes place to ensure global meetings are actionable and decision oriented.
- Presentation development, communications prep and review.
- Oversee global 3PL partners
- Lead new global distribution operations setup from beginning to deployment.
(Domestic and International travel required)
Preferred Educational and Experience Background:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Business, accounting, finance, or related field required.
- Minimum of 8 years of Operations and/or Logistics/Distribution background.
- Experience in an FDA/ISO regulated environment with biotech consumables, medical devices and/or the deployment of Quality Systems and process controls.
- Knowledge and working application of risk analysis and standard operating procedures.
- Ability to multi-task and methodically oversee global freight auditing, transportation KPI’s/metrics, influential and credible with both Logistics and Supply Chain staff, as well as other internal stakeholders.
- Experience working in “best in class” operations organizations.
- Excellent written, presentation, and communications skills.
- Advanced level of experience with MS Excel and PowerPoint.
- Experience driving projects and metrics.
- Ideal candidate is seeking growth within Operations.
Illumina believes that everyone has the ability to make an impact, and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to providing employment opportunity regardless of sex, race, creed, color, gender, religion, marital status, domestic partner status, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, pregnancy, military or veteran status, citizenship status, and genetic information. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. To learn more, visit: https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf