Sr. UX Designer
As a Senior User Experience Designer at Illumina, you will be a part of a team whose vision is to transform human health. We really mean it. This company has a mission that matters. Learn how Illumina will improve human health. (https://youtu.be/6an5U-Fpc5o).
As part of the Digital Center of Excellence within Corporate Marketing, you will be changing our conversation and interactions with our customers in digital channels; to give them the targeted content, tools, and products that they need to be successful in their professional lives.
Your work will engage users, generate eCommerce revenue, enable online customer self-service and deliver delightful user experiences. We are a highly collaborative culture, you will work with internal partners to deliver projects through discovery, prototyping, presentation, and deliver project details to designers, frontend developers and backend developers for implementation. You will own the success of delivering against project goals. To be successful, you are creative, collaborative, detail-oriented, process-friendly, and have the ability to work within time-lines on multiple projects simultaneously.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Work with key stakeholders to determine requirements, articulate user needs, and translate those needs into concepts and elegant interface designs
- Lead internal conversations and interviews with key stakeholders to understand business goals
- Develop and maintain design wireframes, interactive prototypes, design mockups, and specifications as needed
- Communicate user scenarios, end-to-end experiences, interaction models, and screen designs to core project team members within the Digital Center of Excellence
- Author and conduct user testing protocols and voice of customer research activity
- Analyze and interpret website analytics to assist your design decisions
- Define interaction models, user task flows, and UI specifications
- Contribute to the creation and evolution our UX pattern library for use across digital channels.
- Collaborate with the Brand / Creative team to adhere to brand guidelines
- Collaborate with software and system developers across the organization to evolve and adhere to established corporate design patterns
- Ability to create wireframes and interactive prototypes that demonstrate clean, user-focused, modern web design
- Advanced understanding of Information Architecture principles across multiple form factors
- Strong working knowledge of Sketch, Axure, Adobe XD and/or other associated prototyping tools
- Strong working knowledge of Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Fireworks and/or other associated design tools
- Strong working knowledge of Adobe Target and/or other associated user testing tools
- Adept at integrating industry analysis and on-domain analytics into design rationale and success validation criteria
- 5+ years of cumulative experience as a user experience designer, interaction designer, or similar role
- Extensive online portfolio of demonstrated work including responsive design
- Professional maturity and excellent pitch skills.
- Ability to inspire, lead and influence teams around you
- Demonstrated, pragmatic execution of projects within a large organization
- Large agency or consultancy experience, or Fortune 1000 level corporate marketing/design experience
Preferred Educational Background:
- Bachelor’s in Design, Human Computer Interaction, Human Factors, Psychology, User Experience Design or related degree.
Preferred Experiential Background: (i.e. nice to have)
- Master’s in Design, Human Computer Interaction, Human Factors, Psychology, User Experience Design or related degree
- Scientific Background
RELOCATION ASSISTANCE AVAILABLE
Illumina believes that everyone has the ability to make an impact, and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to providing employment opportunity regardless of sex, race, creed, color, gender, religion, marital status, domestic partner status, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, pregnancy, military or veteran status, citizenship status, and genetic information. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. To learn more, visit: https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf