Sr Business Systems Analyst
The Sr. Business Analyst supports Illumina’s Global Planning Organization team by studying business processes and recommending system solutions to support best practice methods. Mentoring cross functional team in standardizing system and business process. This role reports into the Global Information Services (GIS) team and acts as a strategic partner to the Company’s Global Quality and Operations team. The role is responsible for reviewing, analyzing, planning, developing, testing, documenting, and implementing processes within various company business systems (SAP Production Planning, IBP & CPI-DS primarily).
All About You
- Researches and provide best practice recommendations with a focus on end-to-end capabilities and impact to KPIs.
- Improves systems by studying current practices; designing modifications. Understands when to recommend changes to a business process / policy, acquire software, configure, or customize.
- Conduct enterprise analysis including root cause analysis, development of solution proposals, and creation of business cases.
- Partners with business to elicit, analyze, and document business requirements.
- Translate business requirements into functional requirements specification, workflow, and cross-functional dependencies.
- Track project deliverables and ensure they are on time and they are of good quality
- Track the project plan and report progress to the project manager (Global team at San Diego)
- Be the liaison between the global and local team
- Understand local business processes and their requirements
- Perform a fit gap analysis between the solution and local business requirements
- Work with the global team to fill the gaps
- Ensures a focus on worker’s information needs driving high level of usability and data quality.
- Participate or lead process modeling and design with a focus on standardizing global processes including contributions to policy changes.
- Manage Application Management Support (through a team from our IT Partner) for Production Planning areas of SAP ensuring adherence to agreed SLAs.
- Support the local team in the collection and cleansing of data
- Work with global team to define conversion rules and ensure data quality
- Acquire a deep functional understanding of the global solution
- Support key users in training delivery and dissemination of IBP in the business unit
- Support testing and go live preparation
- Support the embedding of the solution into the business after Go-Live
- Accountable to ensure the solution meets the agreed upon business requirements while creatively leveraging standard capabilities where possible.
- Conduct data and process analysis using a variety of query tools including SQL or MS Access.
- Applies information systems development, implementation and operation control concepts in a wide variety of technology settings and appropriately assesses the exposures resulting from ineffective or missing control practices.
- 5 - 8 years of professional experience in supply chain management systems and processes
- Experience at an enterprise-level with strong domain expertise in Planning (SAP PP), and Advanced Planning and Scheduling (APS) that supports FDA/Regulatory Compliance, CAPA’s, Quality Control, and Quality Assurance.
- Experience functional lead with demonstrated capability to work cross teams
- Experience in implementation of SAP IBP, CPI-DS & APO modules
- Integration experience between SAP IBP, CPI-DS to APO and ECC system
- Experience in Sales and Operations Planning (S&OP) Process, Demand Planning (DP) and Supply planning based on SAP IBP
- Design, Build and configure SAP IBP, CPI-DS, JAM applications to meet business process and application requirements
- Should be able to independently work on IBP integration to SAP ECC and APO SNP, GATP along with configuration related activities and related project deliverables functional requirements, design documents, etc.
- A motivational person who can guide and influence project stakeholders, building consensus that leads to an outcome.
- Expertise in requirements gathering, writing software requirements, process modeling, and data mapping.
- Strong ability to present ideas and information in group settings. Has the ability to persuade, negotiate, and facilitate conflict resolution.
- Demonstrated experience successfully defining and documenting projects that drive positive results.
- Demonstrated experience in testing and test planning.
- Experience with requirement management & testing in FDA regulated environment.
- Should be able to drive discussion with the client and conduct workshops
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Knowledge of the full software development life cycle using Agile/Scrum Methodology.
- BE/B.Tech/MSC/MBA/MCA in or related field
Illumina believes that everyone has the ability to make an impact, and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to providing employment opportunity regardless of sex, race, creed, color, gender, religion, marital status, domestic partner status, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, pregnancy, military or veteran status, citizenship status, and genetic information. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please contact us at email@example.com. To learn more, visit: https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf