Production Maintenance Technician 3Illumina, Inc.
**We strongly encourage our veteran community to apply**
The Equipment Maintenance Technician is part of the equipment engineer team who provides expertise, service, and support to San Diego Illumina headquarters by maintaining equipment at world-class levels in a fast pace regulated environment and providing high-level reliability exceeding Illumina’s dynamic development and manufacturing demands. The Equipment Maintenance Technician will support the day to day manufacturing equipment maintenance operations by owning high complexity maintenance task and challenges, with minimal supervision. This individual will work in a dynamic team-oriented environment that supports multiple operations and technologies helping Illumina deliver its highly complex product pipeline in a reliable and sustainable manner.
- Able to complete high complexity tasks with minimal supervision and report/track progress through a digital ticketing system.
- Capable of executing procedures without established instructions and capable of referencing written documentation.
- Escalate problems to engineers, suggest solutions, and work with engineers to address advanced issues.
- Independently plan, coordinate, and execute multiple parallel activities like calibrations, preventive maintenance, supplier support, and project activities with minimal guidance to ensure work is completed on-time.
- Make suggestions for continuous improvement and cost savings
- Monitors equipment technical performance and manage technical inventory for area of responsibility with minimal oversight.
- Use optical, mechanical, electrical, and or fluidics knowledge to perform equipment troubleshooting.
- Work in a team environment to improve equipment reliability and uptime.
- While performing the duties of this job, is regularly required to stand, sit, walk, climb stairs/ladders, kneel, crouch, or wear safety gear. Must regularly lift and / or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Ability to operate in a fast pace environment, adapt to changes in priority, and redirect efforts as necessary.
- Ability to use Microsoft Office and Windows
- Advanced data collection, hands-on skills and able to summarize results
- Automated liquid handler repair and troubleshooting is preferred
- Chemical Analytical equipment repair and troubleshooting is preferred
- Excellent math and analytical skills
- Excellent verbal and written documentation skills in English
- Experience in high volume manufacturing environment preferred
- Experience using engineering troubleshooting tools
- Experience with electrical and mechanical schematics
- Experience with optical/mechanical/electrical and or fluidic systems
- Knowledge of GMP (Good Manufacturing Practice) would be a plus
- This position has an open schedule and or rotation scheduled and will include weekends
- Work experience in Life Sciences / Pharmaceutical / Medical Devices industries would be an advantage
- Travel up to 10%
Listed responsibilities are an essential, but not exhaustive list, of the usual duties associated with the position. Changes to individual responsibilities may occur due to business needs.
- High School Diploma or equivalent; associates degree preferred
- At least 4 years of related experience
Illumina believes that everyone has the ability to make an impact, and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to providing employment opportunity regardless of sex, race, creed, color, gender, religion, marital status, domestic partner status, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, pregnancy, military or veteran status, citizenship status, and genetic information. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please contact us at email@example.com. To learn more, visit: https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf