PLM Database Management
As a SQL Server Database Administrator, you will be part of Database Team in the Global Information Services Organization. The Senior DBA is the primary support for all development, test and production database environments to ensure high availability, reliability, appropriate capacity, scalability, backup, recoverability and performance. In addition, the Senior DBA is expected to participate in the 24x7 on-call support rotation.
- Administration of databases (production and lower environments) on SQL Server.
- Monitor and optimize system performance using index tuning, disk optimization, partitioning and other methods.
- Manage backups and perform recovery as needed.
- Manage (and enhance) database performance and optimization.
- Provide support to end users and be part of on-call (24X7) rotation.
- Install, configure, upgrade, migrate and patch databases in a heterogeneous environment.
- Plan, implement and maintain Disaster Recovery methodology for all production databases.
- Plan, implement and maintain security procedures for all databases.
- Participates in the creation and enforcement of database development standards and processes, including: naming, coding, database security, data access, and documentation.
- Evaluate ongoing database needs, proposing options and recommendations to management.
- Manage ongoing performance tuning including index and other optimization techniques.
- Ensure database objects (views, stored procedures, triggers, constraints, etc.) and SQL statements meet performance and security objectives.
- Ensure database migration scripts and programs meet data integrity, performance and security objectives.
- 8+ years of experience with database administration, backup/recovery, monitoring, upgrades, patching, etc.
- Large scale enterprise environment experience.
- Self-starter who thrives in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent analytical skills, with the ability to translate information and develop insights.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, ability to lead working groups, negotiate and create consensus.
- Ability to work as a member of a team and independently
- Experience with developing and managing high availability solutions: replication, clustering, mirroring, log shipping, AlwaysOn, etc.
- Experience with SSRS reporting is a plus
- MySQL, PostgreSQL and MongoDB experience is a plus
- Familiarity with Data Warehousing concepts
- BA/BS Degree preferably in Computer Science, Information Systems, Mathematics, Engineering, or related field
Illumina believes that everyone has the ability to make an impact, and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to providing employment opportunity regardless of sex, race, creed, color, gender, religion, marital status, domestic partner status, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, pregnancy, military or veteran status, citizenship status, and genetic information. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please contact us at email@example.com. To learn more, visit: https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf