Global Executive Search RecruiterIllumina, Inc.
As Global leadership requirements continue to evolve, the need for high-performing executives is becoming more competitive. Identifying and attracting this global talent requires unrivaled access to senior executives, a rigorous approach to assessing executives’ ability to be successful in specific roles and situations, a thorough understanding of different industries, functions, and impeccable judgment with competing priorities.
This Executive Search Leader will build our executive search strategy, advance our presence in the market and position illumina as an industry leader of attracting great executive talent. Since executive talent acquisition is based on cultivating and maintaining strong, lasting relationships, there is a dual focus; finding amazing executive talent for current openings and through significant market analysis, pipelining innovative talent for future workforce needs. This critical role will have a lasting impact on the organization.
This engaging Executive Search leader will develop candidates and client relationships. They will source, engage, attract, and assess prospective candidates while becoming a respected talent advisor in partnership with our business leaders. This role will have strong presence with the Executive Leadership team and talent management stakeholders across illumina to advance our talent and workforce strategy and ecosystem.
The ideal candidate looks beyond the current openings and is interested in partnering in talent management insights to understand internal talent opportunities, emerging gaps, to advance a buy/build talent strategy. This candidate is confident and can advise Senior Executives to broaden our ability to hire talent to meet current needs with a future focus.
- Deep industry and functional knowledge with a proven executive search and assessment process to find leaders who best fit our organization’s unique needs and will have a lasting impact
- Strong high-level professional networks, industry knowledge and internal research skills to identify the right people
- Ability to understand the market issues and opportunities within geography, industry, business function and levels.
- Experience in monitoring emerging talent trends and market dynamics to inform our workforce and talent executive search strategy
- Ability to understand our businesses strategic plans and be able to translate that into a buy/ build strategy partnering with talent management for a holistic strategy
- Tap into a global pool of senior, seasoned executives with significant emphasis on diverse qualified, innovative talent.
- Significant candidate and stakeholder management is critical, requiring exceptional communication, influence and business savviness
- Deeply partner with a high performance, inclusive, collaborative, relationship-oriented environment, supporting a high trust culture
- Demonstrate critical thinking skills, connect the dots between business strategy and talent strategy, supporting short and long-term business objectives
- Build strong, credible relationships with senior leaders, hiring managers and critical stakeholders, operating as trusted advisor and subject matter expert
- Establish and maintain key cross-functional relationships with internal HR stakeholders (e.g. sourcing, University Relations, D&I, TA operations, compensation, talent management, HR operations, finance, etc.) that support and advance our Global HR strategy. Establish and maintain relationships with business unit FP&A partners
- On occasion when external agency is required this role will serve as the lead on behalf of the company, ensuring the level of quality, service, efficiency, fiscal responsibility and overall needs of the company are met.
- Minimum 15 years of extensive experience in recruitment with 6-10+ proven experience executive search and placement
- Dual experience of in-house and external executive search in an international capacity highly desirable.
- Prior experience in our biotech/Life Sciences/High Tech highly preferred.
- Clear and effective communication skills with creative approaches to stakeholder management.
- Proven experience in working directly with internal CEO and/or C-Level executives.
- Proven communication skill and professionalism with highly personal and confidential information.
- Proven market access and proven success of maintaining long-standing executive relationships
- Demonstrated ability to meet tight deadlines and work in a fast-paced, rapidly-changing environment
- Ability to build and influence strong cross functional stakeholder relationships through feedback, coaching, and ability to articulate and understand the business, talent and specific role requirements
- Strategic thinking
- Ability to be responsive and effective in a fast-paced and collaborative culture
- Strong functional expertise including behavioral/ competency based interviewing experience and the ability to work through the full recruitment cycle.
- Ability to drive work and convey sense of urgency
- Prior experience in a company with an employee count of 5k-10k is preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree required, advanced degree strongly preferred.
Illumina believes that everyone has the ability to make an impact, and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to providing employment opportunity regardless of sex, race, creed, color, gender, religion, marital status, domestic partner status, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, pregnancy, military or veteran status, citizenship status, and genetic information. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please contact us at email@example.com. To learn more, visit: https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf