Channel Enablement Manager
The Channel Enablement Manager will be responsible for developing and implementing Global Channel Partner enablement programs that promote field readiness and effectiveness. You will help develop channel capabilities and define competency standards benchmarked against world-class channel programs.
The individual in this role must have the ability to build relationships and work effectively at all levels within the organization. This is someone who is passionate about working with the field, understands what’s needed to be successful and can champion field and headquarter requirements across all areas of the business. Success in this role hinges on the ability to balance strategic thinking with operational and executional excellence.
This position is an individual contributor role that is based in the San Diego headquarters office and will report to the Associate Director, Channel Engagement and Marketing.
- Develop and drive revenue generating strategic program initiatives
- Effectively work alongside our Channel Sales teams, Regional Marketing, and Global and Regional support functions to deliver innovative experiences for our partners world-wide
- Proactively build business relationships and Channel acumen across Commercial Training, Product Management, Product Marketing, Sales, and Sales Operations to identify and prioritize initiatives and enablement requirements
- Develop and maintain Partner Onboarding training and continued learning strategy through the partner lifetime
- Support the development and adoption of enablement programs globally, actively managing reporting and metrics on impact
- Scope, develop and implement sales-relevant, actionable content for delivery across established sales enablement channels, including online learning, partner engagement tools, and live training sessions where applicable
- Collaborate with cross functional teams to identify relevant topics, co-develop program templates, prepare speakers, and coordinate logistics
- Develop and optimize strategic planning, execution and vision, to ensure smooth and on-time execution in the field
- Implement voice of the field programs to proactively gather enablement requirements, cross-functional team and Partner feedback
- Develop and manage detailed, complex, cross-team enablement project or program plans that take into account all requirements, constraints, resources, and deliverables associated with defined objectives
- Engage with regional teams and gain buy-in about international deployment of capabilities and content
- Analyze the work needed to be done to achieve program goals, assess resource requirements
- Aggregate, organize, and synthesize program and project information in order to communicate with extended team and management
- Clearly communicate goals, roles, responsibilities, and desired program outcomes
- Proven track record of scoping, building and executing integrated programs and strategies
- Knowledge of sales processes, methodologies, and solution selling best practices
- Effective at synthesizing and distilling large amounts of data and drawing next steps and opportunities for optimization
- Effective at working cross-functionally and collaboratively to influence and align global initiatives and priorities
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Proactive, self- directed and results-oriented
- Ability to travel up to 10% of the time
- 5+ years of industry experience
- 5+ years experience in sales and/or sales enablement, or a similar sales support role, preferably in biotech
- Minimum of 5 years of related experience with a Bachelor’s degree; or 3 years and a Master’s degree; or equivalent work experience.
Illumina believes that everyone has the ability to make an impact, and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to providing employment opportunity regardless of sex, race, creed, color, gender, religion, marital status, domestic partner status, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, pregnancy, military or veteran status, citizenship status, and genetic information. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. To learn more, visit: https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf