Technical Applications Scientist - Library Prep
Do you enjoy helping people learn and understand complex techniques? Do you want to move away from bench work yet still use your technical troubleshooting skills?
As an in-house Technical Applications Scientist of Illumina products and applications, you will provide technical advice and troubleshooting assistance focusing on experimental design, sequencing library assay support and troubleshooting. As a key member of the AMR Service and Support Team you will also assist in the development and improvement of key commercial processes to ensure that Illumina provides its customers with world class technical support. Flexible work schedule in early morning is desirable. Illumina is growing rapidly and offers excellent opportunities for career development.
- Professionally and efficiently answer, evaluate, and prioritize incoming phone, email, and in person requests for assistance from customers
- Provide technical guidance regarding Illumina's products to existing and prospective customers.
- Assist customers with the design and selection of assays/probes for custom products by utilizing in-house resources, and public and private databases.
- Provide customer feedback to marketing and product development teams.
- Develop, write and publish technical documentation and training materials to educate external and internal customers.
- Ensure key performance metrics, including customer response time, issue resolution time, and departmental efficiency, are met or exceeded.
- Promptness and courteousness are musts.
All listed tasks and responsibilities are deemed as essential functions to this position; however, business conditions may require additional task and responsibilities.
- Ph.D., M.S, or B.S. with plus 3 years relevant lab experience in molecular biology, genetics or related field
- Familiarity with molecular biology protocols such as PCR and DNA quantification techniques are required.
- Demonstrated training or teaching experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication a must
- Customer support experience highly desirable.
- Excellent analytical, problem solving, and interpersonal skills required
- Demonstrated ability to perform well working in teams
- Bilingual a plus.
- Willing to travel up to 10%
Illumina believes that everyone has the ability to make an impact, and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to providing employment opportunity regardless of sex, race, creed, color, gender, religion, marital status, domestic partner status, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, pregnancy, military or veteran status, citizenship status, and genetic information. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. To learn more, visit: https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf