Technical Applications ScientistIllumina Inc
Provides technical direction and support to customers on operation and maintenance of company products. Serves as customer contact on technical and service-related problems. Demonstrates uses and advantages of products. Works closely with sales and marketing, QA/QC, research and development to address customer concerns, determine corrective action and customer follow-up. May be responsible for a designated region.
- Professionally, efficiently and conclusively triage, troubleshoot and resolve customer’s technical questions
- Assist customers with the design and interpretation of gene expression, genotyping and “Next-Generation” sequencing experiments
- Provide technical guidance regarding the choice and use of the appropriate Illumina product to existing and prospective customers
- Assist customers with the selection of SNPs for custom genotyping projects by utilizing public and private sources and proprietary software applications
- Triage and dispatch issues requiring field support to Illumina Engineers and Applications Scientists
- Log and manage customer issues using Illumina’s issue-tracking database
Listed responsibilities are an essential, but not exhaustive list, of the usual duties associated with the position. Changes to individual responsibilities may occur due to business needs.
- Hands-on laboratory experience using, developing or troubleshooting a wide range of molecular biology protocols such as PCR, sequencing, gene expression analysis, genotyping, and related procedures
- Teaching experience desirable
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and interpersonal skills required
- Outstanding written and verbal communication and training skills a MUST
- Experience working in any service role desired
All listed requirements are deemed as essential functions to this position; however, business conditions may require reasonable accommodations for additional task and responsibilities.
Illumina believes that everyone has the ability to make an impact, and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to providing employment opportunity regardless of sex, race, creed, color, gender, religion, marital status, domestic partner status, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, pregnancy, military or veteran status, citizenship status, and genetic information. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. To learn more, visit: https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf