Staff Software Test Engineer
This role is to provide leadership and support for software verification of Illumina’s data analysis software. As a Staff Software Test Engineer, you will work in a cross functional team to perform verification and validation for Next Generation Sequencing (NGS) analysis software.
The successful candidate must be a fast learner with strong sense of ownership, motivation, and detail orientated.
- Work independently in cross-functional teams to lead the testing effort for data analysis software.
- Partner with software, bioinformatics developers and domain experts in designing, performing, and improving verification tests
- Design and Implement automated software verification framework and scripts
- Prepare necessary test artifacts required for formal software / product release
- Lead the architecture, development and execution of automated tests as well as analysis and reporting of the test results
- Participate in Code and Design Reviews
- Mentor and manage junior to mid-level software test engineers
- Ensure Software Development Life Cycle procedures are followed
- Collaborate closely with assay development team and ensure they well trained on using the informatics software application(s).
- Collaborate with peers to identify opportunities for process improvement.
- Bachelor or Master Degree (or higher) in Bioinformatics, Computational Science, Bio-engineering, Molecular Biology, Computer Science or related field from an accredited university (or foreign equivalent).
- 8+ years of working experience with software or system verification & validation
- 8+ years of experience in designing or architecting automated tests & framework
- 4+ years of experience in formal verification of software or system in a regulated environment (ex. medical device etc.).
- 4+ years of experience in verifying algorithms, workflow or data analysis software.
- 4+ years of experience in managing and mentoring small teams
- Proven skills for writing verification plan, protocol, report and all aspects of documentation required for formally releasing a product.
- Strong knowledge of the quality system and processes.
- Be curious, detail oriented, and analytical, with a proven ability to learn quickly
- Be customer-focused, team-oriented, and motivated, taking ownership of assigned tasks
- Have proven ability to self-manage, as well as manage interdisciplinary relationships
- Good verbal and written communication and troubleshooting skills.
- Having an understanding of Oncology, Molecular Biology, Bioinformatics, or related field of biology will be a plus
Illumina believes that everyone has the ability to make an impact, and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to providing employment opportunity regardless of sex, race, creed, color, gender, religion, marital status, domestic partner status, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, pregnancy, military or veteran status, citizenship status, and genetic information. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. To learn more, visit: https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf