Senior IT Engineer, Scientific ComputingIllumina Inc
Illumina is seeking a Senior IT Engineer, Scientific Computing to join our Infrastructure Operations Team. This team is responsible for the design, implementation and ongoing support of storage and compute platforms at Illumina. These platforms are the core elements of the company’s IT infrastructure that underpin all aspects of the business, both on premises and in the cloud. This includes enterprise applications, research and development, as well as high-performance computing.
- Design and implement storage and compute solutions that meet business requirements and align with defined strategies and compliance requirements
- Provide expert technical support for server and storage platforms
- Provide performance analysis, installation and tuning of the infrastructure including storage, compute, and operating systems
- Create detailed documentation for implementations, guides and training
- Develop server automation solutions using Ansible, Terraform, and other automation solutions
- Maintain best practices on managing systems and services across all environments
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related technical discipline preferred
- 4+ years supporting enterprise compute in a Red Hat and Debian based Linux distributions at an expert level for troubleshooting and administration
- Expert knowledge in Cloud platform such as AWS, Azure, GCP is preferred
- Programming experience in Python is plus.
- Experience in Docker or Kubernetes is plus.
- Knowledge and experience in supporting large HPC environment in production preferred
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills; comfortable presenting ideas, solutions, and concepts to others
- Advance problem diagnosis and creative problem-solving skills
- Experience with virtualization and cloud technologies
- Understanding of networking concepts
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, learn quickly, and master diverse technologies
- Interest and proactive efforts toward advancing one’s technical skill set is required
- Previous experience working in a regulated environment (SOX, FDA, HIPAA, etc.) a plus
Illumina believes that everyone has the ability to make an impact, and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to providing employment opportunity regardless of sex, race, creed, color, gender, religion, marital status, domestic partner status, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, pregnancy, military or veteran status, citizenship status, and genetic information. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. To learn more, visit: https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf