Project ManagerIllumina Inc
The Project Manager is a key member of the Manufacturing Support organization, providing leadership for manufacturing portfolios. In this role, the associate project manager will partner with manufacturing leaders to support the oversight and governance of all projects in their portfolio while working with project leaders to ensure adherence to project management tools and standards.
- Engage project leadership to ensure adherence to established project management tools, processes, and best practices
- Maintain project database ensuring regular and accurate project updates
- Maintain project hopper, facilitating review with mfg. leadership and decision to advance.
- Support project leadership in risk mitigation and issue escalation
- Facilitate meetings with mfg. leadership to review project status and overall portfolio health
- Develop and deploy communication methodology for project portfolios
- Develop and deploy communication methodology for project management organization
- Drives continuous improvement initiatives to advance quality processes and capabilities.
- The successful candidate must be able to work independently, handle multiple portfolios in parallel, and communicate effectively with all levels of the organization.
- All listed tasks and responsibilities are deemed as essential functions to this position; however, business conditions may require reasonable accommodations for additional task and responsibilities
- Background in project management, operations leadership, continuous improvement and strategic planning.
- Demonstrated skills in leading or coordinating multiple projects.
- Strong background in GMP manufacturing.
- Ability to negotiate and influence cross-functionally.
- Experience in implementing and leveraging metrics.
- Experience in a medical device manufacturing environment
- Adaptable to fast-paced, dynamic work environment and shifting demands.
- Extremely strong communication, interpersonal skills and customer focus.
- Strong leadership skills with demonstrated ability to effectively work across teams and functions.
- Ability to work in a matrix organization.
- Bachelor’s degree and 3-5 years of industry experience; 3-5 years in project management preferred
- Graduate degree in an engineering or scientific discipline and/or business strongly preferred.
- PMP certification is a Plus
Illumina believes that everyone has the ability to make an impact, and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to providing employment opportunity regardless of sex, race, creed, color, gender, religion, marital status, domestic partner status, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, pregnancy, military or veteran status, citizenship status, and genetic information. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. To learn more, visit: https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf