Maintenance Mechanic / Technician 3
As a Maintenance Technician you may be required to perform tasks involved in the upkeep of the building and grounds, installation, maintenance, maintain and repairing of hydraulic, pneumatic, electronic, mechanical and electrical systems on all production machines, equipment and building. May be required to perform purchasing and inventory of maintenance parts & supplies and successfully negotiate and interact with; suppliers, customers, manufacturers and internal department personnel. The incumbent is expected to be a self-starter, a good manager of time, work independently and follow Alpha’s standards for safety and conduct.
All About You
Maintenance Technician 3 -This is the fourth level position title within this series. Employees at this level are expected to perform highly diversified duties to install, troubleshoot, repair, and maintain laboratory and facility equipment per safety, predictive, and productive maintenance systems and processes. The technician will be responsible to survey, maintain, and repair mechanical systems including HVAC, refrigeration, steam, electrical systems directly or by managing 3rd party specialists/service providers. Significant equipment includes autoclaves, industrial glass washing units, chillers, -70C freezers, and gas delivery systems.
Maintenance Technician 3 Duties:
The flowing list of major duties represents a composite list of typical duties performed by individuals in this position. Specific duties performed by the incumbent will vary depending up on the facility and/or department within the Company.
- Perform highly diversified duties to install, maintain or repair lab or facility support equipment.
- Provide emergency/unscheduled repairs of lab equipment as needed and perform scheduled maintenance repairs of equipment through arrangement of acceptable schedules with equipment users.
- Perform a variety of plumbing, carpentry and mechanic functions including, but not limited to, mechanical, electrical, pneumatic, hydraulic issues and maintenance, and general troubleshooting/repair of lab or facility support equipment.
- Read and interpret equipment manuals and work orders to perform required maintenance and service.
- Diagnose lab or facility equipment problems, replace or repair parts, test to make adjustments.
- Perform regular preventive maintenance on equipment and facilities directly or where appropriate with 3rd party specialists.
- Use a variety of hand and power tools, electric meters and material handling equipment in performing duties.
- Detect faulty operations, defective material and report those and any unusual situations to proper supervision.
- Comply with safety regulations and maintain clean and orderly work areas.
- 4+ years of biotech industry facilities experience.
- Proven experience as maintenance technician.
- Basic understanding of electrical, hydraulic and other systems.
- Knowledge of general maintenance processes and methods.
- Working knowledge of tools, common appliances, and devices.
- Good physical condition, ability to lift 50lbs. with a willingness to work overtime if needed.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize multiple tasks and demand on resources and accomplish goals.
- Excellent communication, leadership and inter-personal skills.
- High quality standards for one’s own work.
- Strong problem solving, planning and organizational skills.
- Ability to work successfully indecently to meet objectives and timelines.
- Working knowledge of a biology, pharmaceutical, biotechnology, or research laboratory a plus.
- High school diploma/GED and completion of a craft apprenticeship, or an equivalent number of years of education and pilot plant, industrial or laboratory maintenance experience
Illumina believes that everyone has the ability to make an impact, and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to providing employment opportunity regardless of sex, race, creed, color, gender, religion, marital status, domestic partner status, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, pregnancy, military or veteran status, citizenship status, and genetic information. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. To learn more, visit: https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf