Lead Generation Specialist
The Lead Generation Specialist will be a key part of the Regional Marketing team based in San Diego with primary responsibilities of qualification and development of marketing and sales-generated leads. In this role, the LGS will work to identify customers that are genuinely interested in Illumina technology and will use communication and language skills to help drive market expansion through the discovery and development of leads through the funnel and deliver qualified opportunities to our sales and specialist teams. Focused on prospecting, response rate to marketing programs output, lead qualification and creation of high quality leads, and coordinating with internal resources to address customer inquiries. Will require close collaboration with both inside and field sales representatives, as well as, alignment with Marketing Programs and Segment Managers. A successful LGS will be highly motivated and will do what it takes to drive results, exceed departmental goals, ensure a superior first touch customer experience, and share best practices among your peers. This position is an internal position.
- Utilize technical and value based knowledge to qualify and generate new leads out of cold and warm outbound prospecting (primarily via phone outreach)
- Perform inbound lead qualification on marketing events and marketing sourced inquiries
- Execute outbound commercially relevant targeted campaigns created by marketing and sales
- Develop an understanding of Illumina’s technology, products, and market segments.
- Communicate qualified opportunities, leads, and contacts to commercial team
- Conduct baseline research within targeted accounts to identify key contacts and critical account information prior to a prospecting call
- Ensures a high level of liaison with other departments & staff to ensure co-ordination of activities.
- Makes outbound contact to existing and prospective customers to identify sales opportunities, promote relevant marketing/sales promotional programs and initiate the sales process.
- Responsible for entering and maintaining lead data into our customer relationship management database.
- All listed tasks and responsibilities are deemed as essential functions to this position; however, business conditions may require reasonable accommodations for additional task and responsibilities
- Ability to effectively communicate and influence internal and external audiences, using both oral and written communication/presentation skills. Exceptional interpersonal skills are required
- Demonstrated ability to quickly grasp and master highly technical concepts and articulate them well to others.
- Outstanding listening, verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate effectively with a wide range of customer personality types. Ability to interact well with highly educated research scientist customers.
- Strong ability to identify customer needs, obstacles to the sales process and solutions using Illumina products & services.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint). Experience working with SalesForce.com or a similar CRM database a plus.
- Efficient time management skills with the ability to stay focused on primary business objectives in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
Illumina believes that everyone has the ability to make an impact, and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to providing employment opportunity regardless of sex, race, creed, color, gender, religion, marital status, domestic partner status, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, pregnancy, military or veteran status, citizenship status, and genetic information. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. To learn more, visit: https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf