Senior Information Technology SpecialistHudson Valley Community College
Applications are being accepted for the following vacancy on the Non-Teaching Professional staff of Hudson Valley Community College, 80 Vandenburgh Avenue, Troy, New York.
Senior Information Technology Specialist
In order to be considered an applicant for this position you must meet the minimum qualifications as stated in this announcement. Applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States and appointment will be contingent upon completion of a background check.
Minimum Requirements: Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field and one year experience in micro computing (or) Associate’s Degree in Computer Science or related field and three years of experience in an Information Technology support position (or) five years’ experience working in environments and in multiple software packages for each of the following microcomputer application areas: Word Processing, Spreadsheets, Databases, Presentation, Email and Internet access; Knowledge and support of Apple OS devices. The successful candidate must have the ability to work effectively in training and support environments. Must have good oral and written communication skills and good customer service skills. Must have the ability to safely lift up to 25lbs. Must possess a valid NYS driver’s license.
Preferred Qualifications: The preferred candidate will possess experience in microcomputer support in a post-secondary education environment, A+ Certification and Apple Certification. Support experience with VMware virtual desktop environments is a plus.
Nature and Scope of Duties: The Senior Information Technology Specialist reports to the Manager of Client Support Services and performs the following duties:
- Provides hardware/software installation support for college technology at locations on and off campus locations.
- Provides training in a non-course structure for deployed college technology.
- Provides phone and in-person support for all college business and academic technologies.
- Provides diagnosis, preventative maintenance support for all business and academic technology.
- Provides support to address the computing needs and requirements of students, faculty and staff.
- Assists with on and off campus set-up, operation and technical support of multimedia equipment.
- Works collaboratively with the Client Support Services group, the entire IT department and the campus community to provide support for designated microcomputer applications, utilities and operating systems.
- Maintains up-to-date knowledge and skill with current information technology and multimedia systems.
- Acts as a technical resource for Information Technology Specialists, student workers, and other departmental staff.
- Provides supervision with respect to functions such as work order assignment and work monitoring for Information Technology Specialists and student workers.
- Operates a college vehicle as needed during performance of above job responsibilities.
- Performs all other duties as assigned by the Manager of Client Support Services.
This is a Full-Time position with a salary range of $40,000-$44,000. Position is second shift 11:30am-8:00pm.
To apply please visit our web page at www.hvcc.edu/jobs before the close date of March 24, 2019.
Women, minorities, veterans and individuals with disabilities and veterans are encouraged to apply.
Hudson Valley Community College is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity/ Employer