Multimedia TechnicianHudson Valley Community College
Applications are being accepted for the following vacancy on the Non-Teaching Professional staff of Hudson Valley Community College, 80 Vandenburgh Avenue, Troy, New York.
In order to be considered an applicant for this position you must meet the minimum qualifications as stated in this announcement. Applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States and appointment will be contingent upon completion of a background check.
Minimum Requirements: Associate’s Degree plus a minimum of five years working in an A/V role. Must have working knowledge of electronics, A/V and computer systems. Ability to read and understand electronic working diagrams, technical requirements, and specifications. Strong problem solving skills. Ability to work effectively with clients and co-workers with minimal supervision. Must have effective oral and written communication skills.
Preferred Qualifications: Previous experience with various audio/video equipment including projectors, video cameras, integrated touch-panels, or lecture capture systems desired. Experience supporting A/V and multimedia events in a post-secondary educational environment. Experience supporting a multimedia TV production studio. High degree of competency in the operation of video conferencing and basic television production equipment as well as the ability to troubleshoot problems associated with set up and operation of multi-media equipment.
Nature and Scope of Duties: The Multimedia Technician reports to the Manager of Video and Media Technologies and performs the following duties:
- Provides installation and maintenance of A/V technologies in campus classroom meeting spaces and other venues.
- Correctly and safely install mount, test and calibrate equipment to include instructor consoles, projectors, screens, monitors, cameras and speakers.
- Pull terminate, label and test cabling for audio, video, data and control equipment.
- Work collaboratively with college departments to support events requiring A/V technology.
- Test cabling and equipment to ensure systems are in good working order.
- Direct the work with subcontractors and/or third parties as necessary.
- Troubleshoot, resolve, and document issues arising from classroom integrated computer/audio visual set-ups.
- Assist with event set-ups for recording sessions, video-conferencing sessions and presentations as needed.
- Manage media equipment and services in college events spaces.
- Coordinate with instructors and conference planners to schedule and arrange for necessary media equipment and services.
- Supervise and participate in operating equipment during multimedia events as required.
- Prepared, update and maintain departmental records including, but not limited to, equipment inventory, services needed for roster of events, student schedule etc.
- Maintain and troubleshoot media equipment and make recommendations regarding replacement.
- Coordinate with audio/video contractors as necessary to arrange for equipment installation and maintenance.
- Work collaboratively in a team environment.
- Perform other tasks as assigned by the Manager of Video and Media Technologies.
Women, minorities, veterans and individuals with disabilities and veterans are encouraged to apply.
Hudson Valley Community College is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity/ Employer