Information Technology TrainerHudson Valley Community College
Information Technology Trainer HV-NTP-1914
In order to be considered an applicant for this position you must meet the minimum qualifications as stated in this announcement. Applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States and appointment will be contingent upon completion of a background check.
Minimum Requirements: Bachelor’s Degree plus one year working in a training role; OR an Associate’s Degree plus at least three years of working in a training role; OR Five years working in a training role.
Strong working knowledge of Windows 10, and Mac OSX operating systems. Ability to work effectively with clients and co-workers with minimal supervision. Must have effective oral and written communication skills and be able to speak confidently to groups.
Preferred Qualifications: Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology, Instructional Technology or related field. Experience as a trainer or instructor in an educational environment. Experience with Eucian Banner and related academic systems. Proficiency in Office 2016 suite; Microsoft Office User Certificate and/or specialized certification a plus. Ability to think or view a problem from multiple angles and write with clarity by thinking from the reader’s perspective.
Nature and Scope of Duties: The Information Technology Trainer reports to the Chief Information Officer and performs the following duties:
- Working with subject matter experts as needed: Design, develop, and deliver training session for faculty and staff on campus administrative systems, including but not limited to Office 2016, WINDOWS 10, Helpdesk ticketing system, Banner information system, and Classroom multimedia
- Develop and maintain knowledge management materials, including training guides, presentations, documentation, job aids, and video tutorials.
- Provide instructional technology assistance to faculty utilizing classroom technology.
- Provide on-on-one training assistance to faculty and staff.
- Conduct needs analysis for new workshops, training, and professional development based on ITS project lists, helpdesk trends, and institutional requests.
- Assist with the planning and execution of outreach activities to raise awareness of campus technology systems.
- Stay current on best practices and emerging trends in technology.
- Other job-related duties, as assigned.
Women, minorities, veterans and individuals with disabilities and veterans are encouraged to apply.
Hudson Valley Community College is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity/ Employer