Information Technology SpecialistHudson Valley Community College
Applications are being accepted for the following vacancy on the Non-Teaching Professional staff of Hudson Valley Community College, 80 Vandenburgh Avenue, Troy, New York.
Information Technology Specialist
In order to be considered an applicant for this position you must meet the minimum qualifications as stated in this announcement. Applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States and appointment will be contingent upon completion of a background check.
Minimum Requirements: Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field Or Associate’s Degree in Computer Science or related field and one year experience in Information Technology Or three years of experience in Information Technology.
Nature and Scope of Duties: The Information Technology Specialist reports to the Manager of Client Support Services and performs the following duties:
- Provides hardware/software installation support for college technology at on and off campus locations.
- Provides training in a non-course structure for deployed college technology.
- Provides phone and in-person support for all college business and academic technologies.
- Provides diagnosis, preventative maintenance support for all business and academic technology.
- Provides support to address the computing needs and requirements of students, faculty and staff.
- Assists with on and off campus set-up, operation and technical support of multimedia equipment.
- Works collaboratively with the Client Support Services group, the entire IT department and the campus community to provide support for designated microcomputer applications, utilities and operating systems.
- Maintains up-to-date knowledge and skill with current information technology and multimedia systems.
- Performs all other duties as assigned by the Manager of Client Support Services.
There are two Full-Time positions –
1st) Day, possible shift 7:30 am-4 pm, 8 am-4:30 pm, 8:30 am-5 pm.
2) Evening, shift 11:30 am-8 pm.
Salary range is $35,000-$40,000.
Women, minorities, veterans and individuals with disabilities and veterans are encouraged to apply.
Hudson Valley Community College is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity/ Employer