ClerkHudson Valley Community College
This position is located in the Marvin Library
Note: During Fall/Spring semesters: Hours are Monday-Thursday 1:30pm-10pm; Friday 8:30am-5pm.
During summer (mid-May-late August) and between semesters: Monday-Friday 8:30am-5pm.
This is a Ten-Month position with no work hours from Mid-June to Mid-August, with exact dates as determined by the College.
Candidates must be legal residents of Rensselaer County. The successful candidate must take exam (when offered), pass the exam, · and be reachable on the Rensselaer County Civil Service eligible list for Senior Clerk to qualify for permanent employment.)
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: High School Diploma or possession of a High School Equivalency is preferred.
DUTIES AND/OR RESPONSIBILITIES: The Clerk is given detailed instructions for new or difficult assignments and procedures are rather definitely fixed, the Clerk must exercise independent judgment in applying them to specific cases. The Clerk reports to the Library Director or their designee and performs the following duties:
- Provides courteous customer service at the libraries first floor service desk, including book and equipment lending and returns; answers questions about basic operation of copier/scanner and networked printers.
- Completes interlibrary loan/resource sharing procedures for incoming and outgoing library materials.
- Retrieves and refiles books and other materials from library stacks.
- Copies or scans items for delivery requests according to established procedures.
- Updates online status of delivery requests according to procedures using interlibrary loan/resource sharing systems.
- Prepares requested materials for local courier delivery or US mail according to procedure and receives materials delivered from other libraries.
- Answers questions about delivery status from other libraries and from borrowers by phone or email.
- Shelves print and magazine issues and removes issues outside of holding dates. Maintains records of re shelving and reports monthly usage.
- Assists with annual inventory of library collections including shelf reading, straightening, re shelving.
- Files, photocopies, and completes other duties in support of the library services.
- Completes library closing procedures in work and public areas in conjunction with other staff.
- Assists with tours for new students and other visitors when assigned.
- Completes other related duties as assigned.
Hourly rate: $13.8843
Visit our Employment Opportunities page www.hvcc.edu/jobs to apply by the close date of February 16, 2020.
Hudson Valley Community College is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer Women, minorities, veterans and individuals with disabilities and veterans are encouraged to apply