Auditor/Treasurers Department, Full-time, $19.8494 per hour, full benefits package.
Position Description: Provide dual responsibilities of Dispatcher/Jailer. Dispatcher operates computerized telephone system receiving calls for emergency services and general assistance. Receives and broadcasts messages, instructions and information to emergency response personnel over a computerized radio system. Jailer maintains security and ensures safety of inmates and staff in the jail; observes and monitors inmate behavior; receives, searches, processes, disciplines and releases or secures inmates.
Supervisor’s Job Title:
Dispatcher: Communications Supervisor
Jailer: Jail Sergeant
Dispatcher: Chief Deputy Sheriff, County Sheriff
Jailer: Assistant Jail Administrator, Jail Administrator, Chief Deputy Sheriff, County Sheriff
- High school graduate or equivalent
- 2 years post-secondary education or work experience or equivalent combination (equate to 2 years)
- Successfully pass a comprehensive pre-employment background check, contingent upon a job offer
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, Outlook) and computer systems relevant to the work performed
- County and departmental policies, procedures and practices
- Federal, state and local laws, rules and regulations relevant to the work performed
- County roads and highways
- Basic life saving techniques
- Time management
- English grammar, punctuation and vocabulary
- Customer service
- Effective communication, both orally and written
- Learn and apply self-defense techniques
- Judgment and discretion in dealing with inmates appropriately
- Attend trainings/meetings/make office deliveries, on an as needed basis, via a reliable means of transportation
- Follow established procedures and directives from supervisors
- Prioritize and multi-task to meet deadlines and maintain workflow
- Maintain confidentiality and data privacy; safe working environment
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships
- Make decisions in response to emergency situations
- Perform tasks simultaneously; function under stressful situations; deal with hostile or difficult inmates
- 2 years post-secondary education in criminal justice or related field
- Relevant work experience
Work Environment/Physical Demands
Dispatcher assignment - Sedentary Work: Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time. Jobs are sedentary if walking and standing are required only occasionally and all other sedentary criteria are met.
Jailer assignment: Medium Work: Exerting 20 to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 10 to 25 pounds of force frequently, and/or greater than negligible up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
Application open until filled. E.O.E.