Assistant County Attorney
Assistant County Attorney, Full-time, $72,674.72 annually, full benefits package.
Position Description: Perform professional legal and advisory services, as prescribed by the County Attorney, to accomplish effective representation of state, county and county personnel.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES OF THE POSITION: (These duties are a representative sample; position assignments may vary.)
- Identify, define, evaluate and effectively resolve problems facing county officials, division managers, department heads and employees; determine alternative courses of action and effectively recommend the most advantageous course of action by the officer, division manager, department head or employee faced with the problem; proceed to assist in implementation of the solution.
- Represent county in routine litigation, including pleadings, motions, legal research and court appearances; prepare cases for trial by analyzing investigator reports, interviewing persons involved, drafting legal documents, presenting evidence and arguments in court, and authority to negotiate settlements when determined appropriate, as well as represent county and state in civil and criminal appeals in matters not resolved at trial court level.
- Review drafts and negotiate contracts and other legal documents for the county.
- Study, interpret and apply laws, decisions, rules of court, and other authorities in preparation of cases, opinions and briefs.
- Regular attendance on the job.
- Perform other duties as delegated.
Apply online at www.co.hubbard.mn.us under employment/open job opportunities. Applications accepted until 4:30 pm, April 15, 2021.