Maintenance Ihousing authority of the county of butte
Maintenance I. Housing Authority of the County of Butte (HACB) - General maintenance, repair, care and upkeep of grounds, equipment, buildings and facilities for multi-family residential properties. Knowledge of HVAC repairs a plus. Beginning salary $3,288 with excellent benefits.
Essential Function Statements
The following tasks are typical for positions in this classification. Any single position may not perform all these tasks and/or may perform similar related tasks not listed here:
- Operate and maintain watering systems for landscaped areas.
- Mow and water lawns, plant and cultivate plants, shrubs, and trees, including trimming, pruning, weeding and fertilizing where appropriate.
- Operate tools and maintenance equipment incidental to the performance of basic grounds maintenance duties for lengthy periods of time including lawnmowers and other gardening tools.
- Inform Housing Director and/or Maintenance Supervisor of problems observed in buildings, equipment and grounds, which require repair and/or maintenance.
- Make moderate building repairs and renovation involving plumbing, painting, carpentry, floor tile and simple electrical work.
- May assist in repairing equipment using a variety of small power and hand tools.
- Clean dwelling units including walls, windows, floors, stoves, refrigerators, etc., public areas, facilities and streets. Perform custodial work such as cleaning, washing floors and trash removal.
- Routine removal of trash, debris and graffiti from Housing Authority-controlled properties.
- Prepare for painting, and paint exteriors and interiors using spray, roller, brushes and other methods.
- Fill out and/or complete work orders, reports, inspections, inventories, requisitions and other written documents.
- As abilities and skills permit, may be required to handle leadership roll with summer or part time help under the direct supervision of the Housing Director and/or the Maintenance Supervisor.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, veteran status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status or disability (in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act) with respect to employment opportunities.