Press OperatorHOUSE PROMO CLASS LINE ADS
The Sarasota Herald Tribune is seeking Full-time & Part-time Press Operator to join our staff to print two daily newspapers and various commercial print jobs.
Experience desired but not necessary in all aspects of operating double wide newspaper presses, reels, and plate making equipment strong mechanical aptitude and the ability to identify color. The ability to work a schedule consisting of nights, weekends, and holidays
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- The operation of Goss doublewide printing presses
- Press setup including newsprint roll preparation, threading newsprint through the press, preparing press units for color requirements, installing printing plates, and ensuring correct unit and folder settings prior to press start-up Printing within industry quality standards and meeting production deadlines.
- Installation of printing plates on press between zoned editions.
- Performing minor maintenance tasks on presses and related equipment
- Loading 1,500 lb. newsprint rolls onto roll carts and into press reels.
- Prepare paster patterns on newsprint rolls for splicing onto running web.
- Cleaning press units, blankets, plate cylinders, ink trains, and surrounding areas of the pressroom.