Network/System AdministratorHoly Cross College
Holy Cross College has an opening for a Network/System Administrator.
Holy Cross College’s Mission: The Mission of Holy Cross College is to educate and form global citizens with the competence to see and the courage to act. Holy Cross is a Catholic college that advances the apostolic mission of the Brothers of Holy Cross. Our practical, experiential, liberal arts curriculum applies timeless truths to contemporary life and leads people to wholeness in the image of Christ.
Our hiring practices reflect this missional commitment to be a Christ-centered institution.
Typical Schedule: This is a full time position with a typical 40-hour workweek, and occasional weekend or evening hours to serve the needs of the College.
Purpose: The Network/System Administrator is responsible for the technology infrastructure on campus, including the planning and implementation of new technologies and the maintenance and support of the existing environment.
Essential Job Duties
- All administrators, faculty and staff are called to assist students in their formation to be Christ-like students and thus must embrace and advance the Holy Cross mission of the College in all professional activities.
- Maintain and support the College network and system infrastructure, including evaluating performance, troubleshooting issues, properly configuring and updating, monitoring security/compliance, providing guidance on future projects, and following industry best practices.
- Responsible technologies include network hardware, virtualized Windows servers and associated services, cabling, network access control, backups, and VoIP telephones.
- Maintain and write documentation for current processes and projects, and help to develop sound departmental and college technology policies.
- Work as the lead on various technology projects including planning, research, implementation, and testing.
- Maintain vendor and other strategic relationships, to include attending conferences and related activities.
- Monitor industry news and remain current with developing technologies.
- Other duties as assigned.
Minimum Education, Skills, and Ability
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent experience.
- 2+ years’ experience supporting an enterprise-level network.
- Ability to troubleshoot a wide variety of problems involving servers, workstations, network equipment, and related technologies.
- Ability to manage projects and handle multiple tasks independently and in an organized manner.
- Ability to communicate effectively and professionally with people at all technical proficiency levels.
- Knowledge of website technologies is desirable.