$30,000 - $42,000 a year
We are looking for a qualified Pre-K Teacher to prepare small children for early education settings by easing them into organized education. You will teach them important elements that they will encounter soon after they enter our program learning to separate from parents and explore a new environment. A toddler teacher must have a great love and patience for children. Qualifications needed to teach them effectively include knowledge of best practices and early educational methods as well as the ability to engage them and earn their trust and attention. The goal is to contribute to the healthy mental and emotional development of the child so they can more easily acclimate in the next level of education while helping them develop a sense of trust and love of education. We help them to achieve milestone appropriate to their age and develop a high quality of developmentally appropriate program.
Our school environment cares for the teacher as well as the child. Each employee we have is valuable to us and we treat them with the dignity and respect one would expect in a professional setting such as ours and yet we are truly a community team oriented setting. Interested in furthering career goals and taking on an administrative role within the organization.
- Develop a careful and creative program suitable for preschool/toddler children
- Employ a variety of educational techniques (storytelling, educational play, music and art etc.) to teach children
- Observe each child to help them improve their social competencies and build self-esteem
- Encourage children to interact with each other and resolve occasional conflicts
- Guide children to develop their artistic and practical capabilities through a carefully constructed curriculum (identify shapes, numbers or colors, do crafts and appreciate nature and the world around them offering opportunities for play and exploration etc.)
- Organize nap and snack hours and supervise children to ensure they are safe at all times
- Track children’s progress and report to parents
- Communicate with parents regularly to understand the children’s background and development
- Collaborate with other educators and take required coursework and training for which we provide the cost
- Maintain a clean and tidy classroom consistent with health and safety standards as well as COVID protocols
- Proven experience as a Preschool or toddler or infant/Teacher
- Excellent understanding of the principles of child development and educational methods
- Familiarity with safety and sanitation guidelines for classrooms
- Excellent communication and instructional skills
- Ability to act as mediator between children
- Patient, friendly and reliable
- Balance between a creative mind and a practical acumen
- Certification in child CPR and first aid
- BS/BA in education or relevant field
- CDA if no BA if available
Click to apply!