General ManagerHoliday Inn Express Hotel & Suites
General Manager in Salamanca New York
Holiday Inn Express & Suites – Salamanca, New York
Ross John Enterprises, a conglomerate of businesses, is on a mission to ensure every shopping experience is worth the customer's time, money and effort. Whether staying at our hotel or visiting one of our convenience store locations on either Seneca Territory, customers will enjoy a pleasant, clean, and quick shopping or stay experience. We hope that our core values radiate from owners and management through each employee that result in an extremely satisfied customer.
What’s the job?
- As General Manager you’ll provide day-to-day leadership and direction by maximizing financial returns, driving development of people, creating and maintaining a unique guest experience, executing on brand standards and building awareness of hotel and brand in the local community.
- Develop programs and initiatives to increase team engagement that are aligned with the service philosophy
- Develop, implement and monitor team member succession planning to ensure future bench strength
- Establish performance and development goals for team members and provide mentoring, coaching and regular feedback to enhance performance
- Oversee HR related actions in accordance with rules and policies
- Prepare annual capital, cash flow and sales and marketing plans to accurately forecast budgets and achieve required operating results
- Analyse financials to drive revenues, future profitability and maximum return on investment. Use distribution channels and technology platforms to drive revenue and maximize market share
- Lead capital plans and asset management initiatives, including working with owners to maintain or improve property’s market leadership position
- Demonstrate brand citizenship by maintaining compliance with all required brand and service standards, and license agreement mandates
- Drive improvement in guest satisfaction goals. Collaborate with colleagues and hotel team members to establish and implement services and programs that meet or exceed guest expectations
- Speak to guests – ask for their feedback and relationships
- Ensure a safe and secure environment for guests, colleagues and hotel assets in compliance with policies and procedures and regulatory requirements
- Maintain relations with outside contacts
- Act as public relations representative to raise awareness of hotel and brand in local community
- Drive team member involvement in community organizations, activities and businesses
- Develop and carry out action plans to be environmentally-conscious by taking steps to reduce the hotel’s carbon footprint
- Perform other duties as assigned. May also serve as manager on duty
- This position is the top level in a property with complex operations, which may include one or more of the following: multiple buildings with an extensive range of facilities and variety of technical aspects, complex owner relationships, extensive competitive pressures, difficult labor relations and/or union pressures.
What we need from you
- Bachelor’s degree / higher education qualification / equivalent in Hotel Administration, Business Administration
- Five to ten years’ prior hotel management experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Experience required may vary based on size and complexity of operation.
- Renovation Experience preferred.
- Must speak fluent English.
- Other languages preferred.