Relocation Assistance Offered Within Region
# 96980 - Emporia, Kansas, United States
This position will have primary responsibility for assisting Operation Technicians with the preparation and execution of startup, changeovers, and line shut down, executing the master sanitation functions, coordination of production materials, safety compliance, data collection, maintaining 5S Visual Workplace and overall production support. The Operations Assistant will also be responsible to work within a structure that requires considerable interaction with others in the same production unit as well as other production units and support functions.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Understands and is responsible for full compliance and following of all Quality, GMP's, AIB and Micro (C&S Guidelines), EOHS, and safety standards and guidelines.
- Assist with startup, changeovers, and line shut down of automated and manual equipment throughout the production facility.
- Performs Housekeeping activities as per master sanitation schedule, and conducts/participates in area housekeeping assessments as required to meet all GMP’s, FDA and AIB requirements. • Responsible to support line operations during lunches, breaks and coverage for open positions. • Responsible for finished goods preparation and inspection, including top cap placement, inspection check list, legible date codes, and quality of bag seals.
- Production line waste removal and disposal according to Standard Operating Procedures. • Responsible for cleaning and sanitization of equipment throughout the production areas during operation. Trained in LOTO, chemical handling, PPE, etc.
- Understand and comply with Hill’s policies, safety standards, Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs) and Food Safety. Identify and report Food safety issues to management. • Responsible for managing Dum back/Regrind/Reblend product movement. • Supports packaging lines with staging of resources needed based on the production schedule including hand stacking of all bag sizes.
- Attends the Shift Transition Meeting to understand current shift production schedule. • Contribution of additional work hours when needed to meet business demands.
Basic qualifications include:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Must be able to work any shift schedule, including nights and weekends.
- Ability to bend, climb, and work in confined spaces, and work in hazardous condition spaces for up to twelve hours per day.
- Ability to push totes containing product up to 750 lbs.
- Ability to work in extreme weather conditions with temperature ranges from cold to hot and humid.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs, repeatedly.
- Use a stand-up or sit-down forklift, intermittently for up to twelve hours per day. • Walk unlimited distances each day.
Preferred qualifications include:
- Technical college/vocational school certificate or Associates degree in Manufacturing – related area preferred.
- Ability to use hazardous materials.
- Food safety experience including cleaning and sanitization of equipment.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Colgate is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, ethnicity, age, disability, marital status, veteran status (United States positions), or any other characteristic protected by law
Are you interested in working for Hill's Pet Nutrition? You can apply online and attach all relevant documents such as a cover letter and resume or CV. Applications received by e-mail are not considered in the selection process. Become part of our team. We look forward to your application.
Work that matters, fueled by passion for pets! At Hill’s we have a purpose. Every day around the world, we transform the lives of millions of pet families through pioneering innovation, amazing nutrition, and the best and brightest people. Founded more than 75 years ago with an unwavering commitment to pet nutrition, Hills' mission is to help enrich and lengthen the special relationships between people and their pets.
HILL'S® Prescription Diet® therapeutic pet foods, HILL'S® Science Diet® and HILL'S® Ideal Balance™ wellness pet foods are sold worldwide. Hill’s is a division of Colgate-Palmolive, a leading global consumer products company, tightly focused on Oral Care, Personal Care, Home Care and Pet Nutrition, with sales of products in more than 200 countries. To learn more about Hill's and Colgate, please visit http://www.hillspet.com and http://www.colgatepalmolive.com, or find us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter and YouTube.
Reasonable accommodation during the application process is available for persons with disabilities. Please contact Application_Accommodation@colpal.com with the subject "Accommodation Request" should you require accommodation