Project Engineer (Industrial)Heatec
Project Engineer (Industrial)
Job Title: Project Engineer (Industrial)
Reports To: Industrial Engineering Manager
Job Description: Project Engineer will be responsible for the engineering, design, and management of industrial heating equipment and defining process and P&ID diagrams. This individual will also be responsible for every technical aspect of designing custom heaters and ancillary equipment.
- Participate in work order meetings with internal and external customers, as well as corresponding with these individuals on a regular basis
- Design Industrial heating equipment to meet customer’s specifications
- Direct drafters on project design and check drawings for accuracy
- Assist with Research and Development projects to include new and innovative product development
- Expand job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities
- Promote and educate others on Astec’s core values
- Follow company policies, standards and procedures at all times This description is representative but not inclusive of all position responsibilities. Associate may be asked from time to time to complete tasks not listed within the contents of this document, but that are relative to the goals of the business.
Education: Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or related field from an accredited college or university required.
Experience: Ideal candidate will have experience in some or all of the following areas: Pressure Vessel Design and Calculations, Heat Transfer, Fluid Flow, Project Management, Piping Design, Pipe Stress Analysis, ASME Code, and Autodesk Inventor. Experience with Process Heaters, Boilers, or Burners a plus.
Professional Skills: Must be self-motivated, proactive, able to follow directions, prioritize multiple tasks in order to meet various deadlines, and work independently as well as in a team environment. Strong communication skills (both verbal and written) are critical. Strong customer service and support skills are vital. Allocation of time and available resources to complete projects in a timely manner is critical.
Role Specific Competencies: Must be proficient in AutoCAD and Microsoft Office Suite software. Knowledge of 3D drawing software, preferably AutoDesk Inventor, is desired.
Project Engineer (Industrial) Special Requirements: Must have a valid driver’s license and pass a background check, physical and drug screen. Position will be scheduled Monday thru Friday. This individual must be willing and able to stay later than scheduled at times to ensure customers (both internal and external) needs are met. Some travel may be required.
Americans with Disabilities Act: The company recognizes its responsibility to ensure that all qualified candidates (defined as individuals who can perform all essential job functions), are considered equally for employment and is prepared to make reasonable accommodations to ensure that disabled employees or candidates are not disadvantaged in the candidate selection process.
Civil Rights Act of 1964 Title VII: The company recognizes its responsibility to ensure that all qualified candidates receive equal employment opportunity in the role regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age or national origin.
Fair Labor Standards Act (as amended in 2004): This role has been classified as exempt from consideration under current FLSA overtime requirements.
Last Reviewed: 10/3/19