Station ManagerGreenville-Pitt Publice Access Televisio
Greenville-Pitt Public Access Television Corp. (GPAT), channel 23 on Suddenlink cable, is seeking a station manager to operate and manage all the daily operations of the channel. As published in The Daily Reflector
To operate and manage the daily operations of GPAT, including scheduling and taping programs in the studio and on location, as needed; setting and executing the playback schedule on the channel, maintaining and updating the channel website, maintaining all station equipment and making recommendations to the board for equipment purchases, and representing the channel in the community through various events, meetings and board initiatives.
The Station Manager also assists the board with its various functions, including but not limited to, reporting to its funding agencies and supporters, community outreach and fundraising. The manager also collects data about programs cablecast and prepare monthly reports for the board.
In managing the office, the Station Manager interacts with citizens and helps producers prepare programs for submittal. He/she also prepares invoices, makes bank deposits, writes proposals for video programs, provides paperwork to treasurer, and designs and creates graphics.
Computer proficiency should include experience networking between computers and cloud-based storage and file transfers. Familiarity between video file formats and graphics formats, and video editing.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- Two years of related work experience within a similar environment and with similar responsibilities.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated organization and follow-through skills, as well as the ability to prioritize workflow, proactively manage multiple assignments and customers (internal and external) and demonstrate flexibility and time management capabilities.
- Advanced computer proficiency including extensive experience utilizing Microsoft Office (e.g., Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint) and utilizing/maintaining databases.
- Ability to learn quickly and apply new applications.
- Experience in digital or media industry.
- Experience with uploading to YouTube and managing a YouTube channel.